Foreclosure in Venice>Question Details

Tootie, Home Buyer in Venice, CA

How do I get the physical address on a foreclosure, and how do I get to see it before the auction?

Asked by Tootie, Venice, CA Thu Oct 15, 2009

Answers

4
Thank you for your question about a foreclosure property you saw listed on this site. Please be advised that RealtyTrac publishes Notice of Default information that includes all properties where Notices of Default have been filed. This does not necessarily mean the house will be foreclosed.

I suggest contacting a real estate agent that is signed up with RealtyTrac for more information about that specific property. If you do not feel comfortable doing that send me an e-mail with the street name and I will find out what the situation is and reply via e-mail.
Dear T,
The best thing to do is to call one of the local agents from Trulia who can investigate the property for you. We have the most current information on Short-Sale, Foreclosure and REO property.
Tootie:

All foreclosures are public record. If you are looking in a particular area, you can get a list of all the foreclosures in that area with their addresses either from a title company or from a "paid for" service. There may be some free services out there that provide this information, but the information they provide is often old and out of date. You can also go to the country recorder's office and do the research yourself.

Getting in to see the properties before they go to auction is next to impossible unless the owner has the property listed for sale. You have to be a little sensitive to the owner's situation. Remember, they are about to get kicked out of their home. The last thing they want to do is open the door so the "vultures" can see the inside. Many of these homeowners are still hoping for a loan modification or a miracle to save their homes. Some will get one or the other. Most won't. So you have to buy the house based on what it looks like from the outside and hope the unhappy homeowner does not trash the inside when they move out.

If you are interested in investing in foreclosures (at the auction) then you will need to have a lot of cash and a lot of knowledge. You must pay cash at the Trustee Sale on the courthouse steps. You will need to have done your homework regarding liens, insurance claims, zoning, etc before you buy. You will be up against experienced investors who do this all the time and have all the resources. Hope this is helpful. If you want more information, you can contact me directly, or you can research more on this subject on the www. There are all sorts of gurus out there teaching people how to "make a killing" on foreclosure properties. Dare to Dream.

Shel-lee Davis. CDPE
Your Real Estate Consultant for Life
RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
http://shel-lee.listingbook.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 17, 2009
there is typically an "open house".
how do you get an address? i would say thats a great question. i have experienced buying sight unseen but they at least had an address. i think you need more info before you give anyone any money.