Foreclosure in Memphis>Question Details

Mateen9876, Other/Just Looking in Memphis, TN

How do I get into the business of taking pictures of foreclosed properties for banks?

Asked by Mateen9876, Memphis, TN Sun May 12, 2013

I would like to verify certain house info for the banks also, such as if the property is indeed empty or if someone is living there. What's the best way to find the correct people to talk to and approach? Thanks!!

Answers

3
I work with an office that sells Foreclosures, REO, and HUD homes and we check the occupancy status of properties and take pictures. If you would like to email me your information I would be happy to pass it along. My email is dustie.zvolanek@gmail.com
The Listing Agent assigned to the property by the bank will be the one to take the photos for the MLS listing. They are also typically the one to verify vacancy. Sometimes a preservation company will do that when they are securing the home after the foreclosure has been completed.
Those are 2 different jobs - Agents usually take the photos because it is part of the "listing" or BPO process and we don't charge extra for that. So, I can tell you the banks are not going to pay for something they get free. That happens after the bank takes over the property (foreclosed, in lieu of deed, etc. situations).

The "checker" would be somebody from the "loss mediation" or collection department - in many cases would not be a bank employee but rather an independent contractor. That would be a process before the foreclosure or possession of the property to determine if the house is inhabited and being maintained. Those job\s are usually on bank's website under the human resource tab.