Foreclosure in Scituate>Question Details

Jeffusm, Home Owner in Scituate, MA

How do I get Bank of America to mow the lawn of a property they have foreclosed on?

Asked by Jeffusm, Scituate, MA Sun May 22, 2011

Answers

8
Go on twitter and post negative stuff tagging bank of america. They have a huge team trying to repair their image. Someone will call you. Give the address.
Hi Jeff,
If these don't work... BOA actually has a "we care about the environment" section :) You may try emailing : environment@bankofamerica.com
Carolyn Durkin
I would first call the listing agent, if there i not a yard sign there should be at least a paper taped to the door for emergency contact. if no contact info you can file a complaing with your cityhall, but that might not get the lawn cut any faster, just rack up fines for BOA.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
This is an ongoing issue with foreclosures everywhere. In some states it is a law that the
Call the township health department and notify them of high grass. They will make necessary attempts to have the grass cut by whomever is responsible. If that fails, they will usually issue a fine and in the case of some towns, they will even cut it themselves and pass the bill onto the current owner of the property.
Hi Jeff,

I would try Vickey's recommended route and get after the listing agent. If that doesn't work, you could try the building department in Scituate, and if they get enought flack, they will go after B of A on your behalf. If you wanted to be really agressive, you could mention calling the building department to the listing agent.

I
Is it listed for sale? If so, call the listing agent and tell him. If not, then try to call the REO department or the loss mitigation department at Bank of America (your local branch may be able to guide you to the correct person). And if all else fails, see if your town has an ordinance requiring homeowners to maintain their property and have them send a letter stating the lawn must be mowed or they will be fined and make sure the town follows up.
Good morning,
My advise would be to give the listing agent, (on the yard sign) a call and ask that he/she please have
that done. If it has not been listed as of yet it is likely that it will not happen for a while, unfortunately.

Hopefully it will sell quickly.