Foreclosure in Grass Valley>Question Details

Lynngems, Home Buyer in Grass Valley, CA

How do I find the lender for a property listed in Grass Valley/Foreclosure sale?

Asked by Lynngems, Grass Valley, CA Wed Dec 8, 2010

Answers

5
Hi Lynn
Your realtor should be able to find this information for you, or you can try to go to the county or to a title company and they may give you the bank that has the property. Sometimes this can be very dificult to research as most banks use a servicing company.
Most foreclosures are listed with a realtor after they have gone to auction. If you are working with a realtor they should be able to advise you how best to proceed. Oftentimes even if they are not currently on the market the banks will not accept offers on the property until they do get them ready ready for sale.

If you would like assistance with a property call me and I will be happy to assist you. I have worked with many clients on foreclosed and short sale properties. You can reach me at Century 21 Davis Realty Inc 530-913-8387.
Thank all of you for the leads. Found out what I needed to know. Lynngems
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 10, 2010
Lynn
What is your reason for wanting to contact the lender? Status of property, condition of property, looking to purchase?
If the property has not yet gone to the Trustee Sale (courthouse steps) your real estate agent can look it up and find out the trustee name or you can find it in a review of the notice of trustee sales thru the county recorder or searching the newspaper.
If the property has been foreclosed on there may be contact information posted on the windows.
Usually the lenders use a service to handle their foreclosures.
Let us know what type of informaiton you are looking for and hopefully we can point you in the right direction.
Hi Lynn,
If you are currently working with a Realtor they can access that information for you; you can check Realty Trak or as David said the assessor records; however I believe that in our county the lender records are not available for public viewing. Sometimes Googling the address will give you the lender name as well if there has been a court action in the foreclosure. If you need the information and cannot access it, call Nevada County Realty, we have a Short Sale and REO division there that is based on customer service.
Teresa
Hi Lynn,

You can find out more information on this website:

http://new.mynevadacounty.com/assessor/index.cfm?ccs=1372

In New Jersey we have access to online tax records for the entire state (provides name of owner and address). If you were looking for the bank that has the property, that is what you would want to pull.

Check the website and contact someone if you do have to go down to public records to pull that data from a terminal.

Danny