Foreclosure in Dallas>Question Details

Tammy Holland, Real Estate Pro in 75169

How do I find out where the house I want is financed? it was foreclosed on.

Asked by Tammy Holland, 75169 Tue Sep 11, 2012

Answers

7
If the property is currently listed on the MLS a local realtor would be your best bet. In addition to providing you with this information they will also be able to answer all of your real estate question as well as guide you through the purchase process.

Consider contacting an agent today...

Hi there,

You can always look at the tax record. Or if you can email me with the property address, I would be more than happy to do that for you.

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
dixondfw@gmail.com
If it was foreclosed on it is very slim you can reach anyone to get any onfo until it is assigned to a local agent. you would be better of checking the ome for when that agent posts their contact info on it. Calling a bank will be fruitless.
Yes,you can go to the county assessor's site and find out this information but as mentioned here, it won't help in getting to purchase this home. The bank's foreclosure department is a separate entity from the lending department. You will just have to keep watching for this home to go on the market and unfortunately this could be a very long time up to a year even!!
Check here at the Dallas Central Appraisal District.

http://www.dcad.org/

Kenny
Suzanne''s correct. Although our local Realtor Association has an information database called Realist which allows us to look up the mortgage history of a property. I am guessing that you are thinking that you'll be able to purchase this property from the Lienholder that foreclosed on it. Unfortunately, you won't be able to until it's listed for sale by the Lienholder's broker of choice. Believe me, I've tried.

Let me know if you need any help.

Beau Beasley
Coldwell Banker
214 966-2100
beau@beaubeasleyhomes.com
The property tax records should indicate the current owner and if it was foreclosed on, that would be the bank. You can call your local property tax official and ask and they have to tell you because the information is considered to be in the public domain. However, the bank will not talk to individual buyers. If you want to purchase this home you will need a local realtor to keep an eye out and tell you when it comes on the market through another realtor. Banks only sell individual homes through realtors.
Thanks for the info. I have looked online at property records, everyday, and it is still listed with the sellers who were foreclosed on. I had not thought of calling them, though. Did not know that was possible. Thanks so much!
Flag Tue Sep 11, 2012