Foreclosure in 97701>Question Details

Chris, Renter in Bend, OR

How do I find out if the house im renting is in foreclosure in Bend Oregon?

Asked by Chris, Bend, OR Sat May 21, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Look up public records and see if a Lis Pendens was filed.

Have a great day;

Christina Solorzano;
CEO & SR Credit & Mortgage Consultant of
Everlasting Credit Repair
Making home ownership more than a dream...
Retired Mortgage Banker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 22, 2013
Foreclosure is a legal proceeding filed in the district court or other court in your area. Therefore, the most reliable way to determine a property's foreclosure status is to check with the court.

The other ways suggest will or might work. However, I prefer to get information from the original source. In the case, the court clerk or court website is the best place to get an authoritative answer.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
The best way to find out is to contact a local Realtor. He or She will be able to get that info for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
If you knwo a realtor, they could probably look it up for you. But, if you dont know somebody, there's a website that will look up if anyhouse has a foreclosure on it. Check out It's pretty cheap (like$20) and they email you telling you if a foreclosure sale date was found or not.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
First look up who the owner is on DIAL:…

Then look up the owner on the county recording site:

See if they have a "Notice of Default" filed, and if yes check to see if it is the home you are renting.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 23, 2011
Here is a website used by the Trust Lawyers for the banks.

If you sign up with them you can get the full addresses and date of sales. It's totally free for now.

The taping of the notice can be fast removed, so it's not the standard, check records, but the banks know that many renters are the ones that are left in the street on some properties, and lender have no idea where the owners are. Tenants helping with addresses will help the lenders, and may give you more information and timing of things to come, because some home owners take the rent, but don't make the loan payment.

Best to you.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 22, 2011
It probably isn't since you didn't find a notice taped to the house. But that doesn't mean that it won't go into foreclosure tomorrow or a month from now. And you probably don't want to keep checking or wondering when and if the home will go into foreclosure. I suggest you first go on line and search for tenant rights state of Oregon. Print or save the information so you always have access to it. Then decide how you want to continue renting. For example you want to stay where you are until you must leave. Or perhaps you want to move in a month or two to a more stable rental. It's your decision and once you know what you can do legally you will be in control of your situation. Good luck!

Susan Agli, Broker, SRES, ALHS
Coldwell Banker Morris - Bend Oregon
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 22, 2011
Chris - Deschutes County records are public - you can search for yourself, have an agent do it since most of us know where to look. But John is correct - the bank serves the house as well as the owner if there is a foreclosure - if you are not home they tape it to your door.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
It is pretty easy -either ask your realtor or check with the title company, They can look up notice of default recordations and let you know.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
NODs, or Notice of Defaults, are recorded at the Title Co. A realtor can look that up for you. Better to look into it now if you are thinking this might be the case, so you have enough time to prepare for a move. Your landlord, the homeowner, should let you know but that is not always happening. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Diane Lozito/Broker
Coldwell Banker Morris R.E.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Have you seen any notices taped to the door? If not, your house is not in foreclosure.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Your realtor can go into RPR and see if it's on there. Or, you can ask a local title company to run a check for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Oregon > Deschutes County > Bend > 97701 > Foreclosure in 97701 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer