Foreclosure in Dayton>Question Details

Deeaa, Other/Just Looking in Dayton, OH

How do I find out if the home that I am renting is up for forclosure?

Asked by Deeaa, Dayton, OH Sun May 10, 2009

Answers

4
NOT on his real estate taxes. Your local county website should have the info you seek, or the clerk of courts website
Deeaa,

Just to reiterate ... begin by contacting your landlord. You may or may not get a straight answer. Then go to the local auditor's site and check to see if he is up to date on his real estate taxes. If he is behind in his payments, this may be an alert as to financial problems concerning the property. Then go to the section of the auditor's site and search under sheriff sales to see if the property is scheduled for auction. Depending on what you find, you may want to be proactive and start looking before bad news arrives on your door step. You may be able to recoup your deposits by planning ahead. Good luck!

Dee Nofziger
Web Reference: http://www.ask-dede.com
Deeaa,

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but Chris is absolutely right! I would begin by asking your landlord if the property is not current on the mortgage, and request a signed letter stating the property is not in foreclosure if you are concerned. Please feel free to contact me if you have anymore questions.

P.S. For all your real estate needs, please contact us - we would welcome the opportunity to serve you!

Christina Asad Edwards, Realtor
Christina.Asad@RealLiving.com
Office 937-573-0082
Cell/Text 937-205-4741
http://www.DaytonOhioHouse.com
Real Living Realty Services
One of the fastest-growing real estate franchisors in the nation.
Deeaa,
If you are concerned, then you should start by asking your landlord. Let them know that you have reason to be concerned. Has something happened to lead you to believe the house is in forclosure? Typically speaking, if the owner is behind on payments and the foreclosure process has begun, you will have a notice posted on your door regarding a trustee's sale. Someone representing the bank will usually come to the house looking for the owner. Don't be startled just because of all the bad press outh there right now. But do some research if you are concerned. You may want to check with your local county recorder's office to see if any forclosure paperwork has been filed. I hope it all works out okay. Take care!