Foreclosure in Mineral>Question Details

Shelley, Home Buyer in Georgia

How do I find out how much is owed on a foreclosed property?

Asked by Shelley, Georgia Tue Jul 15, 2008

Answers

2
If the property has already been foreclosed on by the bank, then the answer is zero - the house was taken back and the mortgage cancelled.

I list and sell REO (Real Estate Owned) properties for banks and I can tell you that foreclosure properties are sold "as is" and are put on the market at a discount based on their overall condition. Besides the shortfall from the mortgage, the banks also have about $30,000 in legal expenses to foreclose on a borrower so they reselling the property at a significant loss. But the total loss is not what the resale price is based on - it's the fair market value less a discount to get the property sold in less than 90 days.

Wayne Hare, e-PRO Realtor®
AForeclosureInRichmond.com
What is owed on a foreclosed property is not something you are going to find easily. You can check out your local county records to see the latest recorded sale which should giv eyou an idea.
Web Reference: http://cindyjoneshomes.com