Foreclosure in 33901>Question Details

Jennifer Jo, Home Seller in 33901

How do I find a trustworthy listiing agent in my area that has short sale experience?

Asked by Jennifer Jo, 33901 Tue Oct 16, 2007

Need help finding listing agent with short saleexperience - asap on house in Fort Myers. I've been warned about scam artists and am hesitant to work with someone I don't know - but those I know don't have experience.

Answers

10
I have spent the last 2 years with short sale properties of my own. I can help you and I have a team ready to assist also. Call me at 239-989-7077. I will let you know of my experiences. I am so happy I used this process.

Pam Wittenauer
pamelakaym@yahoo.com
Exit Platinum Realty
Jennifer,
Interview a number of agents to get a feel for whether you are personally comfortable with them. Ask for and check references specifically targeting "short sale" transactions. Ask the tough questions and deal with a recognized company.

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
Venice, Fl 34285
ecklerteam@comcast.net
I would ask your lender to recommend an agent that has actually CLOSED a short sale in your area.

This agent would then have to pre-qualify you for the short sale. You would have to fill out an entire short sale package for the lender scrutiny. You may have to update this information several times.
Hi Jennifer, I suggest you go to http://www.remax.com and find yourself an agent. Once you find a local office, ask to speak to the manager who will direct you to the specialist. Good luck.
Jennifer
You have received some excellent answers.
My suggestion would be to talk with Realtors that you know and ask them to refer you to someone with experience in short sales.

You might want to read my four-part blog on short sales and foreclosures to get an overview.

Best fo luck to you!
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Ask questions and lot's of questions about their experience. Make sure they have a closing ratio. Also, please make sure you and the property qualify for a short sale and can prove there is a hardship.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA
You need an unbiased recommedation from someone who knows the agents who know. Much like a family Dr. who refers you to a specialist ie: Orthopedic surgeon or oncologist, only an experienced agent knows who to tell you to contact for more info.

I do not work in Ft. Myers, but after almost 30 yrs and knowing reo/short sales and loss mitt, I KNOW WHO DOES.

btw - DO you really need a short sale? have you tried to sell your property and been told it is not worth what you owe? Are you behind on your payments? Have you thought of selling to an investor?

There are many options you may have, aside dealing with your bank on a short sale.
Food for thought.
You need to ask how many short sales they have done. I can see why you would be hesitant.In my case I have some short sales experience but whenever I deal with one I team up with my Broker at Real estate Network Services who has done dozens of them. I know the ins and out of the short sales business but because it is such a sensite business I rather join forces with my Broker. Many will pretend they do know short sales and are shooting in the dark. If you are interested in working with a trustworthy listing agent who will have the complete support of his Real Estate company please call at 239-810-2980.This is a lot of expenrience put together and you need an agent who has all the resources at your disposal and knows how to negotiate with these lenders. Not all lenders will accept a reduced pay off.You will need to chekc with an accountant regarding your tax ramification.The IRS will give you a break and forgive your debt but there are no guaranty and you want to know if the lender will pursue you for the difference between the selling price and the rest of the loan.There are many steps your agent will need to take besides the Letter of Authorization, a Net sheet address to the lender, many calls to the lender,Harship letter, Income verification,CMA and a copy of the Listing Agreement to the lender.If you have a second loan,both have to agree to a short sale.Above all you have to follow the Lender's demands and know your market. A lender might refuse an offer for example if the potential buyer wants a termite inspection clause and contingency. Typicaly the lender will not tell you which price they will accept as they want to get as much as possible but chances are they will prefere a short sale then a foreclosure by a long shot!
I would be glad to talk to you more and answer any other questions you may have regarding shorts sales, your home and your present situation.
Hi Jennifer:

Here in CA agents can Co-List a home. That means that you can team with the agent that you know without short sale knowledge AND the agent you don't know that does. I would suggest that you ask the agent that you know to offer a few names of agents that they know with Short Sale experience. Then interview / hire.

Be careful who you talk to. I know a Century 21 agent whom does short sales for my clients. You cannot wear too many hats and some Realtors are trying to right now due to the Market conditions.