Foreclosure in 10017>Question Details

Jan, Other/Just Looking in 10017

How do I find a loan Modification company in Mass.?

Asked by Jan, 10017 Thu Jun 25, 2009

Answers

5
visit http://www.afahinfo.org, I struggled for a couple years trying to get a mod on my house after I lost my job and went through a period were my income was bad. I got their info through a mutual friend, contacted them and after a initial consultation with the people there was told what to do. They send a package to bank of america in my behalf and after 5 months they were able to get me a 2% interest mod with a reduction in principal of nearly 100k. I saw other clients there get even more than that, I am happy with the result and also recommended them to another friend that is still trying to get his mortgage modified. Hope this helps you!!
Hope Now - Free help - Success, Failure or Scam?

One need only review the cast of characters below to get some insight into who is behind the "free" help out there'

It appears that the same banks and lenders that put you in the toxic loan that has caused you problems, are now posing as Hope Now "do gooders" by giving millions of dollars to fund this national campaign to help homeowners fix their loans and save their homes.

I certainly don't think that an organization that obtains it's funding from banks and lenders is truly looking out for the consumers best interests.

These "free" counselors are not interested in identifying predatory lending and mortgage fraud.

They aren't examining their clients loans to see if they are legal and not predatory or fraudulent.

They do not have the mortgage and legal skills to combat and remedy these predatory lending situations.

My thought is that finding violations and predatory issues with these loans would be biting the hand that feeds them.

So much for the "free" help being provided by The Hope Now Alliance.

Servicers/Lenders/Mortgage Market Participants Who Are Funding The FREE COUNSELORS

Acqura Loan Services
American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc. (formerly Option One)
Assurant, Inc.
Aurora Loan Service
Bank of America
Carrington Mortgage Services
Chase
Citigroup, Inc.
Countrywide Financial Corporation
EMC Mortgage Corporation
Fannie Mae
First Horizon Home Loans and First Tennessee Home Loans
Freddie Mac
GMAC ResCap
Home Loan Services, Inc. (d/b/a First Franklin Loan Services & NationPoint Loan Services)
HomEq Servicing
HSBC Finance

HSBC Consumer Lending
HSBC Consumer Lending II
HSBC Mortgage Services
HSBC Mortgage Corporation

IndyMac Federal Bank
LandAmerica Financial Group, Inc./LoanCare Servicing Center
Litton Loan Servicing
MERS
National City Mortgage Corporation
Nationstar Mortgage, LLC.

Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC.
PMI Mortgage Insurance Co.
Radian Guaranty Inc.
Saxon Mortgage Services
Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc.
State Farm Insurance Companies
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.
Washington Mutual, Inc.
Wells Fargo & Company
Wilshire Credit Corporation
Trade Associations

American Bankers Association
American Financial Services Association
American Securitization Forum
Consumer Bankers Association
Consumer Mortgage Coalition
The Financial Services Roundtable
The Housing Policy Council
Mortgage Bankers Association
Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association

If these are the players offering "free" help, I for one recommend watching your wallets and heading for the hills.

Groups Funded By The Hope Now Alliance offering "free" help.

The "Free" Counselors

ACORN Housing Corporation
Catholic Charities USA
Citizens' Housing and Planning Association, Inc.
Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Atlanta
HomeFree- USA
Homeownership Preservation Foundation
Housing Partnership Network
Mission of Peace
Mississippi Homebuyer Education Center- Initiative
Mon Valley Initiative
Money Management International, Inc.
National Association of Real Estate Brokers- Investment Division, Inc.
National Community Reinvestment Coalition
National Council of La Raza
National Credit Union Foundation
National Foundation for Credit Counseling, Inc.
National Urban League
NeighborWorks America
Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America
Rural Community Assistance Co.
Structured Employment Economic Development Co.
West Tennessee Legal Services, Inc.

Is it really "free help" or just a way for the bank your negotiating with to be able to control the help you receive?

Isn't this akin to when someone sues you and you offer to have your brother-in-law the attorney represent them for "free"?

Pardon Me For Being Cynical....
Web Reference: http://www.loanmodbook.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 26, 2009
Before you do anything else, you should contact a HUD counselor. These counselors work for free to help you sort out your mortgage situation.

You can find a counselor at http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/sfh/hcc/hcs.cfm
or by calling 800-569-4287

You can also find a councelor by visiting The Homeownership Preservation Foundation at
http://www.995hope.org
or by calling 888-995-HOPE

You might also want to get the book "The Foreclosure Survival Guide" by Attorney Stephen Elias to cover all the options if you think you might end up in foreclosure.
Under This Law The State of Massachusetts Has Set Strict Guidelines For Anyone Who Could Possibly Assist You:

940 CMR 25.00: Foreclosure Rescue Transactions and Foreclosure-Related Services

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=cagoterminal&L=3&L0=Home…

This State Law does not allow any foreclosure rescue transactions for compensation and further disallows advertising of any foreclosure rescue services.

Attorneys are exempt as long as they are receiving funds for bankruptcy or actual foreclosure proceedings.

In other words if you are looking for proffessional assistance in getting a loan modiication from your lender in the State of Massachusetts you are at the mercy of the HUD Approved, LENDER SPONSORED counselors PERIOD!!!

Sorry For The Bad News....

You can get COMPLETELY FREE Advice from the author of the book "How To Modify Your Mortgage" at the web reference:
Web Reference: http://www.LoanModMan.com
Jan I would contact http://www.makinghomesaffordable.gov and talk to one of the free consultants before you want to pay someone. There are lots of companies that would take your money but you should first get advise from the consultants that will give it for free. The Govt is trying to help and the consultants know how to get things started. The issue with the free consultants is follow thru! The hud.gov will identify consultants by city and state.

Good Luck

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Greenfield,Wisconsin