Foreclosure in Seattle>Question Details

Gloria, Other/Just Looking in Seattle, WA

How can we get Band of America to paid the unpaid dues on a condominium they foreclosed on?

Asked by Gloria, Seattle, WA Fri Oct 21, 2011

We are a small association. The dues are $300 a month. B of A is about $1K in arrears - it would cost us more than that to go to an attorney - we learned that pretty fast. So we're trying to do as much of the legwork as possible ourselves, before bringing in an attorney.

We can hire an attorney to send a demand letter, but we need to find out where to send the letter. How can we do this? We can't just send the letter to the local branch manager!

Also, what information will the attorney need in order to write the letter? Will there be language in our C & Rs that we need to reference?

Do we need to reference any state legislation?

Many thanks

Answers

5
Patrick Beringer’s answer
What I usually do when I list a REO is have the buyer pay the past dues. Sometimes the bank will pay them as part of a purchase and sale, but until that point they likely won't even respond to any demand letters.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
I'm so sorry that your association is going through this. Is there a listing agent on this condo yet? If there is I would say start there. They already have the contact information on who is handling that case. Most of the foreclosed condos I've worked with are all currant with dues, so here's hoping for yours!

Best wishes!

Saviya Rowland
206-334-8348
saviyarowland@cbbain.com
Typically the new owner that buys will have to pay.
Not being a Lawyer;
I would bet that you are out of luck:
They would content that there was no one living in the Condo, taking advantage of the services.
You may have to forgive it and move on.
Follow-up to the original posting -
The dues are for after the condo was foreclosed on. Up until the time of foreclosure, the owner was current with her dues. These are all dues owed by B of A.