Foreclosure in 33322>Question Details

Deb, Both Buyer and Seller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

How can we find out in Broward Co. Fl if our house sold at auction today? How long do we have to vacate?

Asked by Deb, Fort Lauderdale, FL Wed Aug 19, 2009

our house was scheduled to be auctioned today. We were hoping to get a loan modification or do a short sale but after 2.5 months of trying to get an answer from the mortg. co., we do not know if they canceled to sale to allow us to modify or short sale. How can I find out if our house sold today in Ft. Lauderdale? How long will we have to vacate the premises?

Answers

2
Deb, call the Broward clerks office and see if the sale happened. I have a number for them, but I have not called them in a while, so I do not know if the number is valid 954-831-5745.
Deb,

If your house was placed into an auction, then the foreclosure process has already happened and the bank owns your home. You need to give your lender a call to discuss the current status.

You will receive an official notice of the foreclosure and notice of eviction. You may also be offered relocation assistance to leave the property sooner and in good condition.

In any event, it will not be a surprise and you will have time to organize your relocation, but start the search now.