Foreclosure in Plantation>Question Details

talia, Renter in Plantation, FL

How can i find out if the condo am renting is in foreclosure??

Asked by talia, Plantation, FL Thu Aug 9, 2012

Hi am renting my condo from a private owner but for the part 6months his bank has been popping up asking for him and because he told his bank he still lives there. i really want to know what to do. Ihave been paying my rent on time for the past two years. PLEASE I WOULD REALLY LOVE SOME ADVICE. Thank you.

Answers

8
Hi Talia, Usually, in your case the bank will honor the lease terms. Unfortunately, depending on the stage of the foreclosure process. If the bank accept an offer from a potential buyer who is buying to owner occupy, you may be granted just a three extension to vacate the property.

Meleica Johnson, Realtor
http://www.mrjrealestate.com
Hi Talia. I have experience with dealing with people who are in this situation. As long as a lease was executed before the bank forecloses and the property is back in their hands, they will honor the lease until the end or worse case they will give up to 90 days to vacate the property. Also you can check on Broward County Public record to see how far the foreclosure process is on the unit. If you have any more questions please feel free to reach out to me

Tamika Moses
Keller Williams Realty Partners SW
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
954-404-4646
I do have a leasing agreement and i am paying rent on time ever month.Thank you all so very much.
If you are interested in purchasing the unit, I will be glad to take care of all the footwork for free and our foreclosure consultants will be happy to help negotiate with the bank on your behalf or for the owner.

If you prefer to move, I will gladly assist you with the process.

For more details, call me at (954) 422-3182 or email: Fedaarealtor@comcast.net

http://www.OceanfrontHomesSF.kwrealty.com
KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY
BOCA RATON EAST
You can simply visit the Broward Clerk / Recorder website to search owner specific foreclosures, here: http://205.166.161.12/oncoreV2/Search.aspx
Technically, until the foreclosure is complete, the owner can evict you if you fail to pay rent according to your lease agreement.
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
Also you have to pay the rent as normal
Concurred. You still have to pay rent. But foreclosure also does not mean you have to get out Actually some banks are renting after foreclosure has happened. So you don't have to worry you have a long time to think over moving
First of all if he is or is not going to be foreclosed it makes no difference to you paying rent. You live there then you pay rent. If the owner does not pay the bank it is not a free lunch for you, pay the rent. If the owner won't tell you then watch for notices of foreclosure to be attached to the door. If they think he lives there they will be sure to attach a notice once and maybe twice on the property.