Foreclosure in Santa Clarita>Question Details

Lisa Chesney…, Home Buyer in Villa Charme V Neigh...

How can a first time buyer a foreclosure home in Santa Clarita?

Asked by Lisa Chesney-olmeda, Villa Charme V Neighborhood, Glendale, AZ Tue Jul 9, 2013

Answers

6
Hello Lisa!
The foreclosure market in Santa Clarita has dropped substantially and it is very difficult to find one in todays market. I would suggest searching online and teaming up with a real estate professional, this will double your odds in finding one. If you would like I can set you up with a free password and login information to a search engine I provide my clients...it surpasses Zillow and Trulia because it has up to date information us agents see. If you are interested feel free to email me at AlexM@Troop.com Thanks! :)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 18, 2013
Great response! :)
Flag Mon Jul 22, 2013
Hi Lisa,
Foreclosure inventory in Santa Clarita has dropped dramatically. The majority of our listings are currently standard sales. Foreclosures only make up about 3% of what is available.
If it's a good deal you are looking for it does not have to be a foreclosure. However, with inventory low most homes in Santa Clarita go out in multiple offers especially if the price is $500K and below because that is about 80% of the current closed sales in SCV since January 1, 2013.
If you are in the $350K price range expect 3-10 offers on every sale.
I would interview 3 Realtors in Santa Clarita and see who is the best fit for you. Once you choose a Realtor they can recommend a few lenders they work with to get you qualified. A Realtor will know who's prequalfication letter will hold the most weight when competing while giving you a competitive price on your loan.
Feel free to contact me any time if you have more questions. I specialize in first time buyers.
http://www.LauraCoffey.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013
Hi Lisa,

You sure got a lot of answers and I can help you sort them out. I'm a local Santa Clarita expert and would love to discuss this with you. Please give me a call!

Liliana West
661-433-9378
Hello Lisa,

The best advise you can receive in today's market is to contact a few agents find one you can work with and let them do all the work for you. That is what we as agents are suppose to do.Sometimes you find a better deal on a regular sale meaning no work to be done just move in dollar for dollar might be cheaper. Hope this helps.

Kevin Kikalo Troop Real Estate
housecentralregroup.com

My name is Richard Szerman and I own Silver Creek Realty in Santa Clarita. I am a Real Estate wholesaler. That means I do a lot of distressed property sales. Lots of short sales, foreclosures, etc. I am assuming your are asking about "foreclosures" because you are looking for a deal. Please understand "foreclosure" does not mean "deal". Sometimes they are and often they are not.

I would need to know your price range but I have several properties that are far under market and available for sale. I do not advertise most of them and I do not put most in the MLS. The reason for this is most of my sellers are selling because they have to not because they want to. They prefer the sale happens quickly and quietly.

For example; I currently represent a 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 2500 sq ft home in Santa Clarita built in 2003 for $315K. It is easily worth over $450K, but its a short sale and the bank has pre approved the $315K purchase price. I also have a 5 bedroom, 4 bath 3200 sq ft home also in Santa Clarita for $510K. It is worth over $650K and again the bank has pre-approved the price. I also have several others with new ones coming available all the time.

I am happy to go into more detail about how I do what I do and why anytime. Please feel free to contact me directly at rszerman@silvercreekrealty.com or call me at either my office 661-253-3000 or my cell 661-714-1400.

Rich Szerman
Silver Creek Realty
661-253-3000
661-714-1400
Honestly, I'm not sure that it's a realistic goal in the current market. Foreclosures generally appear on the MLS...but get dozens of offers. They often sell to those with strong cash downpayments and those who bid the highest. Typically, first time buyers don't have enough casn to be competitive.

I encourage you to get qualified...and search for a home that fits you, regardless of whether it's a foreclosure or not.