Mona, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

How can I locate a RE agent that specializes in foreclosed properties? I'd prefer one that focuses on these.

Asked by Mona, Los Angeles, CA Tue Nov 27, 2007

Answers

15
SERGEY FEDNOV *** 424-777-9377’s answer
I'm very familiar with REO

Please feel free to call me 424-777-9377 - i'll be happy to help you out.

Thank you for your time.

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855) ext. 777.

Sergey Fednov

President - Realtor®
- Trust Sale Realty -

Residential & Commercial Real Estate
_______________________________
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855
Phone: 424-777-9377
Fax: 310-356-4925
http://www.TrustSale.com
http://www.TrustSaleRealty.com
Lic# 01896869
Hi E,

You are right, I meant to write "adjacent" as the house I sold was south of Wilshire on Rimpau Blvd. I also sold another house just south of Wilshire on Windsor Blvd although that property was not a foreclosure. The "adjacent" certainly does make a difference.

The old Warner Mansion has not yet closed escrow.

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
What house on Rimpau went into foreclosure Grant? I haven't seen any. Unless you are talking about south of Wilshire, which would most certainly not be Hancock Park.

I'm still curious about what the final price was on the house on 5th and Rossmore (the old Warner Mansion) and the one on the SE corner of 4th and Rossmore with the 2.7M default on a sub 800k purchase just over 10 years ago.

Looks like Beck is also having a tough time unloading the flip of his on 4th and Hudson (no surprise, he bought at the peak) Thing isn't worth more than 4M now...especially with the Italianate at 500 S. Hudson going for 6.8M after a multi year restoration. I think the flippers lost big on that one. Yikes!

I heard Sean Hayes put over 5M into his house just south of 4th on Rimpau. You think he'll ever get that back? I don't.

How bout that Mortgage op that was being run out of the house on Plymouth and 3rd?

Fun times.

I wouldn't offer any more than half of any asking price in the neighborhood. Some even less.

A nearly 40 year Hancock Park resident.
Hi Mona,

I have dealt with and personally know many of the large foreclosure agents in Los Angeles. I just closed on a foreclosure on Rimpau Blvd in Hancock Park and have several other foreclosures currently in escrow. It would be a pleasure to talk to you and find out exactly what you are looking for.

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
I am a REO and foreclosure realtor in the Naples, FL. area of SW Florida. Foreclosures in this area are selling at 50 cents on the dollar or less sometimes. Foreclosure sales can be a great purchase if you are working with an experienced and knowledgeable agent that knows their market. I would love to help you if you are looking in the Naples, Florida area. Good Luck!! Mary
Mona,
The best foreclosure agent I know is Leo Nordine..and he is a good guy.. He has properties all over. However foreclosures are not always the bargain they may appear to be. You might want to check out the link below as it discusses buying foreclosures.
Kaye Thomas, Real Estate Pro in 90266
Hi Mona,

Agents that specialize in foreclosures, SELL foreclosures. They are currently too busy to represent buyers & you should have your own agent representing you.

Most agents have access to foreclosures. Many of us (including me) have access to recently foreclosed properties not yet listed on the mls, & properties in the process of eviction. Please email me if you would like my L.A./Orange County foreclosure list.

Best of luck,

Karen Miller
Joyce Essex and Jonathan Harvey represent a lot of lender-owned properties.
Web Reference: http://www.joyceessex.com/
The real question to ask yourself is this: do you want a great deal on a property?

If the answer is yes, then drop the idea of buying "only a foreclosure" or "only at auction". You're giving yourself fewer options and setting out on a more difficult, slower, and riskier path.

A regular seller - someone with a job transfer or trying to retire or any other of a million reasons they HAVE to sell and sell now - will negotiate with you directly (unlike a bank) and give you a great deal.

Plus you'll buy a house that is in better repair than a neglected foreclosure, along with all the disclosures & protections that go along with a regular RE transaction.

So remain open to all the possibilities. You may be pleasantly surprised.

(In the meantime, visit my site for Best Buys, which includes under-market-value homes, fixers, & foreclosures - hand picked each week: http://www.angelabennetthomes.com)

Angela Bennett
Hi Mona,

My associate deals with foreclosure properties and has purchased several of them at the auctions. The fact is that it's still a risk and the banks do want to get market value.

If you would like to speak with him about foreclosures, please call Chuck at 626-827-3570

You can also visit are website as well.
LOL . . . "tool" in marketing!
I would agree with Rebecca that agents who speciailize in forclosures are rare. Most of those who do, do it for themselves. However, they do exist and in this ever increasing foreclosure market MAY be willing to take on a new clients for a fee, of course. I would ask agents if they know of anyone. Word of mouth is the most powerful fool in marketing.
There are few agents who ONLY do foreclosures, if that were the case they would be out of work 99.99% of the time, certainly they haven't done a deal before this year in many many years.

The truth is, almost all agents deal in foreclosures. Your best bet is to find an excellent agent in your area.

Foreclosurers are rarely a deal. Banks will not sell a property lower than market rate, they are appraised by a professional appraiser who sets the price at fair market value. They come absolutely "as is" with no disclosures and no repairs and often times you get much more and a better deal in buying a property from a real seller in this market.
You could also look in a real estate magazine.
You could call local real estate companies and ask for an agent that specializes in foreclosure. You could also do a GOOGLE search for foreclosure real estate agent in your area or simply put foreclosures in your area and many choices will pop up.

I am sure that a great agent here on Trulia in your area will respond that will give you another option.

Just remember that Foreclosures are not always the best deals!