Foreclosure in Long Beach>Question Details

Debbie, Home Buyer in Long Beach, CA

How can I get more property information online regarding foreclosures without subscribing to a paid web site. I am interested in Long Beach beach area

Asked by Debbie, Long Beach, CA Thu Jul 22, 2010

Answers

4
Hi Debbie,

I think Long Beach is one of the best real estate investments in Southern California today. You'll find a link to a blog I wrote on the topic below.

Aside from this, don't waste you're time investing in on-line pitchmen selling information that's publicly available. If you're serious about doing this get an agent right away.

Many home buyers make this same mistake. Commissions will be built into almost any purchase that you make, so take advantage of it now and get the professional representation that you need. Why waste time trying to learn a complex market and still not be ready to make an offer if you do find the home that's right for you. Especially when someone else can do most of the legwork and alert you to issues that you may not have considered.

This doesn't mean that I'm against clients learning the market... just don't be penny wise, and pound foolish. Best of Luck.
Hi Debbie! Yes, there are ways to get tons of foreclosure properties sent to you via the privacy of your own email on a daily basis from the real LIVE mls, not some consumer site showing old listings that have sold or are already in escrow. There are tons of deals right now...especially a city as large as Long Beach. You can get excellent deals on the bank owned homes, as well as short sales. There is a way to get your offer accepted and know when to come in on a short sale. And there are gobs of over priced properties that are sitting and waiting for a gutsy buyer and their agent to make an offer because no one else is. Why wait for it do drop in price? Then everyone else will want it? I can put you on a private search of all these properties coming straight to you and show you the real successful offers we got accepted by following a special protocol that gets offers accepted above everyone else's. Feel free to contact me at 310-429-4170 or email me at shy@shysells.com I love buyers. Ciao Shy:)
Web Reference: http://www.shysells.com
Email me, or you can use other agents, but we can send you a list in your email for free. But... why only look at foreclosures? There is a HUGE fallacy that a foreclosure is cheaper and better. Any seller, whether a short sale, foreclosure or bank is going to want the most $$ for the property. They are going to get it in the mls. There is no SECRET list of cheap houses, no one knows about. Those services and that marketing ploy is long gone.

Most homes that are in distress often sell to those with the highest down payment. Your best chance to really get a DEAL, is to look at a regular equity sale, likely overpriced, so everyone else is avoiding it, and come in, make a realistic offer, present all your documentation and make it look so enticing the sellers can't walk away from your offer. Those over priced home owners are just temporarily greedy, reality will hit them... you might as well be the one to get the house. Know the going prices, and don't be afraid if it is overpriced. Your well-qualified agent can present your preapproved offer with comps and you would be amazed how far they will come down and counter your offer or maybe even accept it. They want to sell!
No need to subscribe to any paid web sites relating to foreclosures--for accurate and free information, consider working with an agent--If you are looking at RealtyTrac ads--do keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always accurate and oftentimes misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. Again, If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.