Foreclosure in Punta Gorda>Question Details

gowhiz, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

How can I find the status of a property shown as lis pends in February 2013 in Punta Gorda, FL?

Asked by gowhiz, Tampa, FL Mon Mar 11, 2013

Answers

2
Tammy Hayes’ answer
Some homes in this area are taking up to 4 years before they go to foreclosure once a Lis Pendens has been filed. Some homeowners are even getting refinancing and the home will no longer be in default. Others are walking away from the home. If you give me the property address, I can look up to see what I can find out for you.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/
Hello, gowhiz -

Ask your agent to research the property's listing history - there may be some indication, i.e., it was (or is) a short sale at some point - depending on what they see, how they interpret it, who the listing agent was and how well they know each other - you'd be surprised at what might turn up.

Also, RealtyTrac will probably have it on Zillow and/or Trulia by tomorrow morning with a price and everything - just kidding...

Keep in mind however, that lis pendens is a long way from the bank selling it as a foreclosed property - just today I spoke with an agent who will "probably" be listing a property in which one of my clients has an interest in purchasing - the bank obtained the foreclosure judgement in February 2012.

BTW, February 2013 was less than two weeks ago - is that what you really meant?