Foreclosure in Houston>Question Details

Althea, Both Buyer and Seller in 20009

How can I find the information of foreclosure homes that are not listed in MLS? House is at Barker Ridge.

Asked by Althea, 20009 Mon Aug 20, 2012

Answers

5
There is a Fannie Mae foreclosure on Magnolia Trail for $121k right now, but the other property has not come up it is probably a HUD waiting to be released, I can check that website in the morning.

I can send you the active listings for Barker Ridge and the comparatives, just check out my website and send me a messege.
I can also put you on Auto Alert for the neighborhood since HUD looks at Owner Occuppied purchasers first.

((On the Realty Trac ads I can 90% of the time find the property off of the HCAD tax rolls by using the square footage and year built if they give it. Sometimes they advertise the properties so low its laughable. Send whatever link you found for these properties.))
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Carolyn, thank you for your reply. I thought the Fannie Mae foreclosure was already sold. Is that the one in Magnolia Trail you are referring to?
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hello Althea,
Look up in the tax records to find out whom is the current owner of the property you are interested in. Then try contacting the lender that has taken the property back. Unfortunately, many lenders will not want to deal with buyers directly rather through a realtor. Good Luck. I

Respectfully,
Jeff Cox
Better Homes and Gardens Gary Greene
Cell 713-240-2044
Off 713-961-1722
Email jeffcox@garygreene.com
Althea ...

These are likely a RealtyTrac listing ... you'll notice that the actual addresses are not shown; this is intentional. RealtyTrac is a paid service ... in order to obtain more information, you'll have to pay their fees ... and the likelihood of your purchasing the home is remote at best.

Don't be misled by the "price." It's nowhere near what the home will sell for. The number shown is the amount in default, not the value of the property. I personally find this highly deceptive and unethical.

I've always contended that foreclosures are primarily for investors with deep pockets. Homes are purchased "as-is, where-is, with all faults and defects." It's yours as it stands. You can inspect the home after agreeing to a contract, but you'll spend close to $1500 if you do it right ... general home inspection, roof, HVAC, plumbing and foundation are what I recommend. After putting up a bunch of money to get the place into shape, you probably could have purchased a non-foreclosed home in better condition for around the same price, perhaps less. It's a common misconception that foreclosures can be gotten for pennies on the dollar. If that were the case, those of us with more information than the average buyer would be scooping them up.

Please proceed with caution. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me. I wish you well.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon
Thank you for your prompt response Persis. The house address is Magnolia Trail, Houston, Texas, 77084, price is 126,516. The other one is Woodglen Drive, Houston TX 77084, price is 111,746. Both of these do not have any detailed information and I'm interested to know the condition of these houses. Thank you.
Althea, these homes are most probably listed with RealtyTrac - they only use their own agents to conduct business with potential clients. I still suggest you call the company and try to find out this information. They may have this house listed through them. On MLS, currently there is one on Magnolia Trail which is a 4 bedroom, 2588 sf, listed for $121,900 which is not the one you are referring to, however, it is close to the price you mentioned. I would have loved to help find out more information, but RealtyTrac does not allow us to conduct business with them, unless we are their agent. If there are other foreclosures I can help with, please let me know. In the absence of street numbers, it is difficult to know which house they are referring to. I apologize for not being more helpful. Good Luck.
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Althea, you should be able to call the contact listed for this home. If there is none, give me the address and I will see if I can find out something about this house.
Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com