Foreclosure in 11233>Question Details

Lizv, Other/Just Looking in 11233

How can I find out what bank owns a home that's in the process of foreclosure?

Asked by Lizv, 11233 Mon Mar 12, 2012

I found a house I really want to buy and would like to buy the note from the bank but I'm not sure which bank holds the note and is foreclosing.

Dear Lizv,

Important documents such as the property deed, mortgage agreement, or liens are usually recorded with the county clerk.

If you are press for time you are welcome to go NYC Department of Fiance website, then click on ACRIS property records. If you know the property's information, you should be able to pull up the required information. Good luck on your endeavors.

Top That Realty Service L.L.C.
Licensed Real Estate Broker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 13, 2012
If it's in foreclosure, that means the bank doesn't own it yet, the homeowner still owns it. Check to see if one of the two largest holders of mortgages hold the note: or Your best bet is to speak to the homeowner. The bank (servicer) can not legally discuss anything about the property with you until it forecloses or they take possession of the deed.

The mortgage document or note may have a legal way for you to take possession of the property with the homeowner's blessing.

Larry Kennedy, Realtor
It is public record - if the lender already filed foreclosure just check with the Clerk of Courts