Foreclosure in 83815>Question Details

Pat Orlando, Home Owner in Coeur D Alene, ID

How can I find out what a house sold for?

Asked by Pat Orlando, Coeur D Alene, ID Fri Jan 21, 2011

Answers

4
I just gave a "thumbs up" to Marla. In Idaho, sales prices are not considered "confidential" however, we are still a non-disclosure state. That is why public sites like Trulia are not as accurate for this data as going through a local Realtor.

I am surprised how many people respond to buyer/seller questions outside their market area. I typically only respond to questions in the Boise area, but occasionally search all of Idaho to keep track of questions and comments outside me immediate area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 3, 2011
Hi Pat....

Although both of the 2 answers from Melissa and Alan are true for their states, Idaho is a non-disclosure state, therefore, the County records http://(www.kcgov.us) do not reflect the sales price of a home, only the assessed value for tax purposes.

If you'd like to know the sales price of a home, I can give you that info, as it's listed on the MLS for purposes of comparative valuations. Also, any Realtor in Coeur d Alene you'd like to work with can give you that info.

Good Luck Pat! :-)

Marla Lopez
ESTATE PROPERTIES
Web Reference: http://idahoidahoidaho.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 22, 2011
You can contact an agent in your area and ask them what the house in question sold for or you could go online and look at the city's public records (though this is a slower process since it takes a little while for the records to get updated)
You can look it up on the tax records, or you can call a local real estate office, and a Realtor will be happy to look it up for you, no strings attached.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL