Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

Cmba2012, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How can I find out if my landlord is in foreclosure will the bank let me know if I call them?

Asked by Cmba2012, Chicago, IL Fri Oct 4, 2013

Answers

13

If you email me your property address, it will take me 15 minutes to find the status and get you the full case docket, if there is a filing. I do not like to post my tricks of the trade in the public. Sorry.

jackie_smith_mba_cpa@msn.com

I just did this for a client. I found out her property was sold and there was an order for possession. She is about to go to court and work on it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
The tax records will show if/when the 'lis pendens' was filed, but it will not show if/when the process, which can take a year or longer, is finished and the bank actually is the new owner. The cook county recorder of deeds will eventually have the paper recorded, but they are 1-4 months behind schedule so pay a few $ for an attorney to look into it. You have no way of contacting the correct people at the bank who handle that.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
the lender will not give you any info! You can find in tax record some informations! Give me a call and i can help you !
ask your landlord or ask a Realtor. The other option is to look online at the tax records.
I can check into it if you like. Please email me the property address and I will take a look.

Howie@markallenrealty.com

Thanks!
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you what I have on that one
The bank will likely not tell you anything because you are not the owner. However if the foreclosure has been filed you can look on the cook county recorder of deeds website and use the property id number which you can get on cook county assessor site with address. You can also look on cook county circuit court site and look under lAndlord name.

county
You check this online to see if it is.
Very easy. You can go to court's website - online case info and enter Chancery Division, and last name of your landlord as Defendant and you can see the case and the name of the attorney. You can get more information by calling the foreclosure attorney for the bank. There are certain rights for tenant that comes with signed Residential Lease that might be good for you. Many times the banks are paying relocation money to the tenant to move out on specific date.
The bank will probably not give you that information, since you are not the owner. A foreclosure is public information and pretty easy to look up. If you send me the owner's name and the address of the property I could get this information for you.
Nick Radakovich Home Sales Realty nickrxhc@yahoo.com
I can look up the property for you and give you a good idea of where the property stands in the foreclosure process. Most banks will not share that information with you even though it's public record. Just call me and I'll help you if I can.
The lender is not going to tell you anything, you are not the owner
the lender is not going to tell you anything, you are not a party to their contract with the owner. The tax records are your best bet.
You can also pay a 3rd party vendor like Realty Trac to get more information.