Foreclosure in Eagan>Question Details

Dawn, Other/Just Looking in Eagan, MN

How can I find out if house I am renting is going to be or is in foreclosure?

Asked by Dawn, Eagan, MN Mon Mar 17, 2008

How can I find out if home we are renting is in foreclosure or if it is going to be?

Answers

3
Hi Dawn.....]

I'd call the county sheriff and ask what newspaper they publish Sheriff Sales in, and then, go online to that newspaper's website and cruise the public notices for a Sheriff's Sale notification on the property that you are inquiring about. I recently did exactly that on a property that I had interest in and had the answers that I wanted in less than 20 minutes. There is a six month redemption period in MN in which you can live and rent the house, but if it's not redeemed by the owner, the buyer at the Sheriff;s sale takes posession at the end of that 6 month term.

I hope that works for you as well as it did for me.

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 17, 2008
HOW CAN I KNOW IF MY RENTER HOUSE IS FOR FORECLOSURE MY ADDRESS IS 2606 E 38 TH TAMPA FL 33610
i need to know if the house im renting is in foreclosure and for how long? and is it going to be sold soon the address is 816 bowen ave, modesto ca 95350