Foreclosure in 30097>Question Details

Mac, Home Buyer in Suwanee, GA

How can I find a short sale/foreclosure expert?

Asked by Mac, Suwanee, GA Tue Oct 6, 2009

Someone who is willing to comb through the foreclosure listings in Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, MLS,
etc. and find houses that suit their client's need and not just set up a search in the MLS for the client.

Answers

10
In response to your last comments and questions, Mac, this is not the first time I have heard buyers make some of those points. In my opinion, fifty houses is a lot to visit without finding one on which to make an offer, so I agree with your agent there. Have you been receiving e-flyers of the listings prior to actually seeing them in person? Virtually culling a few of little or no interest would help cut down on the time it takes to attempt to look at them all. As far as being shy about showing foreclosures, that should be a question directed at your Realtor. You may want to make sure he/she is aware of the county and state programs that might be available for purchasing these type properties as well. Good Luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 7, 2009
Mac,

Fifty homes and not finding one home that you have an interest in is excessive in my opinion. I personally find that if I have not found a home for my client within fifteen to twenty homes that there is something obviously wrong. Typically after my second trip out and about the tenth home without any interest it is time to sit back down with my client and find out where the problem exists.

I agree with Michael that eliminating homes from E-Flyers and ones you are receiving from FMLS with your current realtor would be beneficial and allow you guys to focus on the ones that truly fit your needs. Also be aware that alot of the foreclosures through FMLS have already filtered through Freddie, Fannie, FDIC, etc.

Best of Luck....

Chuck
Thank you all for answering this question. I guess I am frustrated with my current realtor.
Our agreement will end at the end of December. It is not that I did not communicate with him. At
the beginning I did not get any foreclosure listings at all. After some prompting, I got those from the
FMLS but nothing from the other agencies. I just don't think that I have to push him every step of the
way. I am looking for a house to live and we have seen over
50 houses and I think he had a very good idea of what my family wants. At one point, he even said
that after showing us that many houses, we should have found one. In general, is it really excessive
to look at 50 houses and not found one?
Mac,

It sounds like you are actually looking for a realtor who professionally works at fullfilling your needs, wants, and desires in regard to your purchase of real estate...imagine that. Those of us in that 20% bracket are willing and able to meet your needs with or without the lastest certification or designation. Interview some of us after you have ended your buyer brokerage agreement, then determine who will fit your needs and hire him or her.

Chuck Green, Consultant
Keller Williams Realty Chattahoochee North
chuckgreen@kw.com
770-714-7077

Serving Atlanta's Real Estate Needs Since 1984
Web Reference: http://chuckgreen.com
Mac,

I work with many investors and home buyers in the foreclosure arena.

Our brokerage is the local listing broker for HUD homes in five metro counties. In addition to my brokers efforts I have many alliances with foreclosure listing agents in the metro area.

I would be happy to assist you with your real estate endevors. Give me a call and we can discuss your objectives and see if we can make a good partnership in finding your property.

Just click on my trulia profile for my contact information.
Hello Mac,

As a Broker, I have an email alert system for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac's new listings coming on the market that have not been priced and the ones that are priced and listed on FMLS. Therefore, I get the information (address only) BEFORE it hits FMLS. My report is set up for certain zip codes where my clients are looking to purchase a home.

The FIRST thing I do when working with a new client is ask them what the top 5 things are that they are looking for in a home. Typically, I find that lst time homebuyers, for instance, have misconceptions about value. Therefore, I provide them with research reports showing what has recently sold in the target market area for an equivalent home. Unfortunately, appraisers are now using foreclosures as comps which, of course, undermines the value of regular homes on the market. Recent reports indicate that list prices are being discounted an average of 10%.

IF your realtor has not thoroughly quizzed you in the top 5 things you are looking for in a home and also taken into account your feedback when he/she has shown you homes, then it is time to move on. Buyer Agency Agreements can be cancelled by either party with written notice - read the cancellation clause of the Agreement.

Let me know if I can help you further. I live 5 miles from Suwanee in Duluth and work the Gwinnett market.

Sandra Wills
Broker/Owner
Wills & Associates
Office: 770-821-8307
Web Reference: http://www.locatecasa.com
Following up on some earlier posts, forget the short sales and concentrate on the foreclosures, unless you have nothing but time, Mac. We can all do it. Good Luck!
Just ask... i'm sure everyone who responds is one. Just kidding of course. Not sure what you are asking Mac? You sound a little disillusioned about what your realtor does for you. What do you mean by comb through foreclosure listings... I do that every day. It seems that whoever you work with, you'll need to sit down and discuss expectations on both sides. Are you an investor? Are you looking to by a home you occupy. Everyone in this business is self proclaimed. The term expert is relative. I think I'm a well rounded agent with experience with many aspects of this business. I list foreclosure properties (that gives you some great experience when negotiating foreclosures). I know how it works on both sides. I have closed 5 short sales in the past 8 months and currently am working on 4 at the same time. They are a whole different baby than foreclosures. It sounds like your expectations haven't been met and that usually occurs from one of a couple reason: 1) they were too high to begin with 2) they weren't clearly communicated 3) someone couldn't meet them or were not equipped to meet them. If you aren't currently in a client relationship with an agent, I'd be happy to discuss your expectations and be honest with you about wether I can meet them or not. Give me a call today!

David Brower, Associate Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
678-982-9600
david@davidwbrower.com
Web Reference: http://davidwbrower.com
Oh boy - brace yourself for the alphabet soup of designations.....every agent is a foreclosure expert....
Mac,

What in particular do you want the agent to look for when combing through the listings? More information would be helpful.

Thanks.