Foreclosure in Indian River>Question Details

Irene Rang, Home Buyer in Alanson, MI

How can I be notified of foreclosures or sheriff sales in Indian River, Alanson, or Wolverine, mi.?

Asked by Irene Rang, Alanson, MI Mon Jun 3, 2013

Answers

3
Irene Rang,
Do an agent search on Trulia for this area and then contact an agent. That agent can search the MLS system and update you on a daily basis with a list of foreclosed properties. Sheriff sale notification prior to a sale is possible, but requires additional research by you or your agent.
When you put a bid on a foreclosure how long does the bank wait to see other offers, and do they let you know if you are overbid so that you can increase, or is it just over.
The best thing you can do is find a local realtor to work with who is experienced in these areas. There are services that will notify you when a home goes into foreclosure, but that does not necessarily mean it is available for purchase. In order for that to happen the home will have to be listed on the Multiple Listing Service. I know a lot of people tell you that is not true, but I have rarely seen a bank that will not INSIST that the home be put on the open market so they can minimize their losses through maximum exposure to potential buyers.

Our Multiple Listing Service now has a spot where we must designate a home as either a short sale or foreclosure listing. We can also set up an 'automatic email' system so that those listings are emailed to clients the moment they go on the market. I would suggest talking to a local agent to see whether your MLS has the same feature and then working with that agent to find the home or homes you will eventually purchase.