Foreclosure in North Center>Question Details

Tom Miles, Other/Just Looking in Chicago, IL

How are Chicago homeowners protected from zoning changes on adjacent property?My Chicago residential lot

Asked by Tom Miles, Chicago, IL Sun Feb 3, 2008

shares a property line with a commercial property in foreclosure. I am concerned about how that may be redeveloped. There is lots in the media about Alderman and how they are influenced. Aside from attending neighborhood meetings and speaking with the Alderman, what other avenues are available to homeowners to protest unwanted changes?

Help the community by answering this question:



Anyone seeking a zoning change to a property must by law in accordance with the requirements for an amendment to the Chicago Zoning Ordinance, specifically Section 17-13-0107, notify all property owners of the application that live within 250 feet of the property to be rezoned.
Such a notice will contain conact information should you wish to object or find out more about the requested zoning change. A zoning Attorney would be the best person to advise you of your rights as a property owner and explain in more detail the specifics of the Chicago Zoning Ordinance.

Good luck, Ken.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer