Foreclosure in 32812>Question Details

Kelly Jo, Other/Just Looking in Orlando, FL

How Long are Forclosures taking now in Orlando? My house I am renting is still in Liz Pendens since May 2008.

Asked by Kelly Jo, Orlando, FL Tue Feb 10, 2009

Anyone know?

Answers

4
Rick made a good point about checking http://orangeclerk.onetgov.net/
for info on where it stands as far as status. You may or may not know a lot about what you will be reading though. If you would like to stay for as long as possible in this home, I recommend having your landlord renew your lease, if you are there month to month, as it will be a much better way of having the lender let you stay (if it's something they do for tenants).

I have seen lenders allow the tenant to stay for the remaining of their lease. Sometimes even with the current rent they are paying according to their current lease.

To answer your question, there is no set timeframe at all, although the properties I have known about more closely have taken over a year. I know of an aquaintance that has not made a payment on a condo in 3 years and is yet to hear anything else about a foreclosure.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Hi Kelly Jo,

There is no set time limit or, for that matter, any rhyme or reason to the when a foreclosure will actually take place nowadays. Your best bet is to contact the attorney handling the foreclosure to discuss the timeframe. They may not give you much information but you may get a sympathetic ear. Some lenders are allowing the renters to remain in the property after foreclosure but it won't be rent-free and not lenders are doing it. Be sure to explain your situation and ask if that is an option.

Also, you submitted a question last year about buying a house. Where are you with your progress? Did you know that you may be eligible for down payment assistance?

Call me to discuss your options.

Jacqueline Clarke
Enterprise Mortgage Group, Inc.
Winter Park, FL
Direct: 407-739-3853
Email: jclarke@enterprisemortgagegroup.com
If you have a copy of the lis pendens - you may contact the attorney because you are listed party since you live there. Ask them if they can give you a timeline of the action. If you landlord has an attorney call them and ask for a timeline. Some lenders are allowing tenants to remain so check and see what the lender is willing to do to help you out.
Kelly Jo,

Great question, After a Lis Pendens filing it can be a little as 4-6 month or a year or more. Each situation is Different depending on which bank is involved. I wish I could be more clear but I simply cannot.
I would be looking for a another residence.
You may also go to the Orange County Clerk of the courts website to see if the property you are renting is being auctioned, Here you can see if Final Judgment has been delivered
http://orangeclerk.onetgov.net/
Rick