Foreclosure in 92648>Question Details

John Opalski, Home Buyer in 92648

Has anyone ever heard of American Standard online?

Asked by John Opalski, 92648 Fri May 7, 2010

They claim to be able to do title transfers for homes in pre-foreclosure. Is this a ligit deal and is this company ligit?

Answers

67
Regent’s answer
This "company" charges unwary victims $200 for basically nothing. The listings they provide are available for free on line and what they provide is inaccurate. They are a waste of time. If you seek a legitimate refund, they put you through impossible/unrealistic hoops, of course fully designed for you to give up so that they can keep your money without providing any service. DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO AMERICAN STANDARD ONLINE. THEY ARE A RIP-OFF!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 21, 2012
How do you ever find legit info online without being preyed on by ads & scams Regent?
Flag Fri Sep 6, 2013
Hi,I am a local Realtor and an Ombudsman with the California Association of Realtors. Please, PLEASE do not use American Standard Online unless you know fully what you are getting into.
Briefly what you do is get information from them, that you can find free, or from your realtor, and then you must CONVINCE the homeowner that you want to help them by buying their home or assuming their payments. I have worked with numerous people that found that when they knocked on the door of the homeowner that was behind in their monthly payments, the homeowner became FURIOUS that they knew their personal situation and would NEVER WORK WITH THEM. In order to get a refund you must get 5 homeowners to give you personal letters stating that you could not or would not work with them. When people go back to try to get letters from these homeowners you can only imagine what was said to them.
You are far better off to find a realtor you like and feel you can work with, and have a licensed individual assisting you to purchase a home. A home buyer does not pay ANY COMMISSION to a realtor. The seller, or in the case of a short sale, the bank or investor/lender pays their fee.

Please please RESEARCH all companies you wish to work with. Find out everything before you send any money. If it was SO EASY why wasn't it done years ago, because it isn't....it can be very complicated.

BUYER BEWARE! Always have a professional by your side or, at the very least, reach out and get ALL THE FACTS before you give anyone any money.

Don't hesitate to call me or call any professional realtor to assist you! (949) 293-7876
9 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
when a person has bad credit they can not got threw a realty company or bank cause they wont help them that is what makes things like this inviting. there are no programs to help us with bad credit.
Flag Thu Feb 12, 2015
You mention "what you do is get information from them, that you can find free" - can you explain how to get this information for free?
Flag Fri Jan 2, 2015
This is a SCAM! Same as locators out of west chester pa. Do not give these ppl ypur hard earned money that you could be putting into a legit house!
Flag Thu Dec 4, 2014
I just contacted them 818-794-0308 (others: 213-444-0150, 310-438-5797) as this person answered American Standard. I then asked again their company name and he rudely stated American Standard as stated when i answered the phone. He then asked how many people would be applying. I told myself as i said single person, then he just hung up on me. Scamer, beware. Thanks Deedee for the beware.
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
Thank you. This was very helpful.
Flag Sun Sep 28, 2014
I knew it was too good to be true.Thank you so much for the info.You are saving a lot of people a lot of money,me included!
Flag Wed Sep 17, 2014
Thank you. You just saved me $ 200.
Flag Sun Sep 14, 2014
You just saved me 200$! Thank you!!
Flag Mon Sep 8, 2014
thank you for this post they tried to get me to pay 200 dollars to look at listings in my area and i wasnt going to do it then the guy was rude to me on the phone afterwards i smelled ascam from far away
Flag Fri Aug 1, 2014
Thanks very much for the help. We were on track to use them in the Silver Springs MD area, but were smelling trouble.
Their craigslist phone number went out of service and their number, tel:208-935-8324
led to a strange conversation where they could give no details about the mortgage (amount, period remaining, interest rate).

BBB has a reference to their (they're not accredited, but there are 303 complaints anyway)
They have several dozen names, beyond America(n) Standard (Online)
Flag Thu Jul 31, 2014
TOTAL SCAM AND STRESS MAKER!!!
I signed up with American Standard Online over a year ago, thinking if it wasn't what I needed I could get a refund, since they make it sound like an easy task. They charge a $199 fee to use their service. However, it wasn't what I was looking for and when I tried to get a refund they were cold and told me I had to have 5 letters from the home owner. When I tried to contact them, I got no response. It is almost impossible to have a ex homeowner of a foreclosed property whom no longer lives on the property to care enough to write you a denial letter, but that's exactly what American Standard expects in order to get any type of refund. I have gone through much stress, sending the business letters, calling customer service, where your on hold for at least 20 minutes, just for them to tell you either get the letters or you get no refund. I begged and pleaded, letting them know my situation, yet there is no sympathy from any representative or supervisor. Now they just told me my account just "expired" so no I can't even log on.
This same thing happened to me today! I can't believe I fell for this! The representative that signs you up makes it sound extremely easy to cancel. I called several times and waited for 15 minutes each time I called. They will absolutely NOT refund the $199. I wasn't even told I needed 5 letters of denial. I had to read it somewhere on there website. HUGE SCAM
Flag Thu Apr 3, 2014
That's exactly what happened to me. It's been a year and a half and no refund from them!! THEY ARE A COMPLETE SCAM!!
Flag Fri Oct 25, 2013
DO NOT PAY THE MONEY!! ITS A SCAM!!! READ THE COMPLAINTS!!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/american-standard-…
I PAY THE MONEY I FELL STUPID TOO!!!!
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014
Take legal action
Flag Fri Jan 31, 2014
Hey John, this is just 1 of "A whole bunch" of "Scam" warnings on line about that company...Be very careful please :-)

I wish you the very best of luck in your endeavors

Stay Blogging My Friends!

@CBRELongBeach
Web Reference: http://CoastalAlliance.net
There was a recent article about an individual doing business out of a spa who was using quitclaims to transfer title on vacant properties and then renting them out. Caused quite a number of problems for the real owners, whether they were individuals or banks who had already foreclosed on the properties.

I would strongly suggest you talk to either a Realtor(r) or a real estate lawyer. If you are wanting to purchase foreclosure properties, I can assist you with that as I have quite a bit of experience dealing with either side of a foreclosure (sale or purchase). If you are purchasing a for-sale-by-owner and want to do the title transfer correctly, I can suggest several title and escrow companies that will help you in that area.
Web Reference: http://www.TimKunze.com
4 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
I'm in the process of getting out of a miserable marriage. I have bad credit that I am trying to clean up. I've been paying off old debt and I have built up credit with new credit card companies. Would I be able to get a rental with my credit?
Flag Thu Jan 10, 2013
IF YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY THESE PEOPLE--the least you could do is go to this website (http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-busines…) and make a complaint about them. The most you could do is sue them in small claims court. Its a task, but you can do it as long as you can find out what kind of company it is and who the owner is if it is privately owned (and I read another post where someone mentioned it was owned by a woman, don't remember her name). If you don't want to hassle with small claims, you could also send a consumer complaint to the attorney general of your state. I'm sure you could find the information for each of your individual states on your state government websites. Gather all the evidence you can to help prove how this company scammed you (phone records, craigslists ads, names you remember, bank account information that might be relevant, anything you think might be able to further prove that you are not lying). Its possible to get your money back, you just have to work for it, but you SHOULD because these people are WRONG in what they are doing to people. Taking advantage of people that aren't as informed about the ugly truth of the power of written words on paper by LYING to them to them and even just not being completely honest with them about COMMON SENSE issues is WRONG (i.e. telling people that they can get their money back after a certain amount of time while omitting the fact that they have to get 5 strangers to sign a refusal letter of some sorts before they can get their money back. Disgusting.) These are the loop holes that need to be fixed. And they can be as long as people do something about it. I did when a company tried to screw me over like this. I sent all my evidence to show this company was nothing but a scam to the attorney general of california's office and a few months later I got a letter from a man who claimed to be a customer service person from the company I could never find, and said he wanted to help me and blah blah blah, yeah whatever ducker, you just got caught and don't want me to sue your a$$, cuz you know I can $%^@ you now. I didn't want to be a person out to screw anyone, so I didn't sue him, I just asked for the money that I paid back and I got it pretty quickly. I should have sued though to set an example. ...Maybe I will because this just makes me so upset that people are getting screwed and feeling hopeless like this.
Maybe a Class Action would be suitable with this many complaints.
If there is an attorney out there who would take it on.
Flag Thu Dec 18, 2014
It's a scam, recommend working with a professional Realtor to avoid such situations. Good luck, Alane.
how do u find a realtor that does these kinds of things this company is saying they can do I live in texas
Flag Mon Sep 16, 2013
DO NOT BE SCAMMED BY THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!
I, along with many, many others have paid them 200 dollars of our hard earned money in good faith that we would indeed receive the benefits we were promised, only to find out that this company offers NO, and I repeat, NO help in finding homes. I have driven, literally HUNDREDS of miles to visit the listed addresses only to learn that they were all BOGUS addresses!! BE WARNED!!! Don't make the same terrible mistake that I did; hundreds of dollars down the drain on fuel, as well as paying for the "membership" only to be RIPPED OFF!!
Not only that!! But they have sold my email address so now my email is FULL of SPAM!!!
I payed this company 200 bucks to "Help" me find a home to rent to own not only did they not help at all but now I'm going round and round for my money back. I'm not sure if there a scam but I strongly advise against giving any money to this company
This company is a rip off. You pay them $199.00 to get set up. But when I asked them question about the company name i got hung up on. I called back and told the same person that he hung up and he said that he did not answer the phone. I asked for there web sight and he said he could not give it to me unless I paid the fee. And then hung up on me again.
Sounds to good to be true?
A legitimate company would be forthcoming with all their information, websites, etc..... this company needs to be reported. Thank you for sharing your experience!
Flag Thu Mar 13, 2014
Yes, I would stay clear of them. I have contacted this company twice now about rental properties,and twice they have been extremely rude to me on the phone. The first time the agent on the other end hung up on me and the second time, just today I wanted to report the first agent's behavior and asked for a supervisor and that agent was also extremely rude and condescending to me, telling me they had a lot of customers to help and saying inappropriate things like, "We need a credit card to get started," and "Somebody's not paying attention." No reputable business talks to its customers that way.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013

Here is the link for the BBB. This company received an "F" grade. Hope this helps.

http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/business-reviews/Foreclosure…
you have to be registered with the bbb to get a good letter
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
OVERVIEW OF BBB GRADE
BBB letter grades represent the BBB's opinion of the business. The BBB grade is based on BBB file information about the business. In some cases, a business' grade may be lowered if the BBB does not have sufficient information about the business despite BBB requests for that information from the business.

BBB assigns letter grades from A+ (highest) to F (lowest). In some cases, BBB will not grade the business (indicated by an NR, or "No Rating”) for reasons that include insufficient information about a business or ongoing review/update of the business' file.

BBB Business Reviews generally explain the most significant factors that raised or lowered a business' grade.

BBB grades are not a guarantee of a business' reliability or performance, and BBB recommends that consumers consider a business' grade in addition to all other available information about the business.

GRADING ELEMENTS

BBB grades are based on information in BBB files with respect to the following factors:

Business' complaint history with BBB.

The BBB grade takes into account the following information with respect to closed complaints that relate to a business' marketplace activities:

Number of complaints filed with BBB against the business
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB considers them to be of a serious nature
If complaints have been filed, whether the business has appropriately responded to them in BBB's opinion
If complaints have been filed, whether the business resolved the complaints in a timely manner to the customer's satisfaction
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB's opinion is that business made a good faith effort to resolve complaints if the customer was not satisfied with the resolution
If complaints have been filed, whether BBB's opinion is that business has failed to resolve the underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.
BBB analysis of a business' complaint history generally takes into account the business' size if BBB has reliable information from the business to establish its size. If BBB cannot reliably determine business size, it will consider business to fall within BBB's smallest size category.

Type of business.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if, in BBB's opinion, the business falls within either of the following two categories:

Types of business that, in BBB experience, are believed to operate in violation of the law or materially misrepresent their products/services. Businesses that fall within this category will always get an F grade.
Types of business that, in BBB experience, are likely to generate marketplace concerns or a high level of customer dissatisfaction because of the inherent nature of the products/services offered. Businesses that fall within this category can get no higher than a C grade.
Time in business.

A business' BBB grade is based in part on the length of time the business has been operating. Time in business is most frequently determined from information provided by the business; while BBB expects businesses to provide accurate information, BBB will verify information if BBB has reason to believe provided information is not accurate. If the business has been asked for time in business information but does not provide it to BBB, BBB will consider business to have started at the time BBB opened its file on the business unless BBB file indicates an earlier time.

Background information on business in BBB files.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if:

BBB does not have basic background information on the business. BBB routinely requests background information on businesses. While businesses are under no legal obligation to provide BBB with information, the failure of a business to provide background information may lead to a lowered grade.
BBB does not have a clear understanding of the business and its practices. This includes situations where BBB has conflicting information about the business and the business is not able to resolve the conflict to BBB's satisfaction.
Failure to honor commitments to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered if:

Business does not honor its commitments to BBB, including commitments to abide by mediation settlement or arbitration award.
BBB revoked the business' BBB accreditation due to business' failure to comply with its commitment to follow BBB accreditation standards.
Licensing and government actions known to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered when BBB has knowledge of the following:

Failure of the business to have required competency licensing (i.e., licensing that requires a competency assessment or can be taken away based on misconduct by business).
Government actions against the business that relate to its marketplace activities and, in BBB's opinion, raise questions about the business' ethics or its reliability in providing products/services.
BBB routinely checks required competency licensing and government actions before a business is accredited by BBB. BBB does not routinely check required competency licensing and government actions for businesses that do not seek BBB accreditation, although in some cases BBB learns of these matters through its marketplace research.

Advertising issues known to BBB.

A business' BBB grade is lowered when the business does not, in BBB's opinion, appropriately respond to BBB advertising challenges that relate to:

Misuse of the BBB name or BBB marks; or
Potential advertising issues identified by BBB.
BBB advertising challenges are made at BBB's discretion when it receives complaints from consumers about advertising or when BBB identifies questionable advertising through its monitoring of local media.

GRADING POINTS

This chart shows the maximum number of points that can be earned or deducted in the BBB grading system. Please note there are some categories in which businesses can only lose points, and for those categories a "0” is indicated as the maximum number of points that can be awarded.

Element Range of points that can be earned or deducted (maximum to minimum)
1. Type of Business 0 to -41
2. Time in Business 8 to -10
3. Competency Licensing 0 or -41
4. Complaint Volume 20 to 2
5. Unanswered Complaints 20 to -21
6. Unresolved Complaints 10 to 1
7. Serious Complaints 15 to 0
8. Complaint Analysis 8 to -12
9. Complaint Resolution Delayed 0 or -5
10. Failure to Address Complaint Pattern 0 or -5
11. Government Action 0 to -30
12. Advertising Review 0 to -41
13. Background Information 5 or 0
14. Clear understanding of business 0 or -5
15. Mediation/arbitration 0 to -41
16. Revocation 0 or -10
Back to Top
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
yeah and the bbb is a scam to bbb-scams on youtube
Flag Mon Nov 18, 2013
Yep -- I was just going to file a complaint. Extremely rude and unprofessional - not on the up and up - hiding something!
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
i was scamed by this company and did not get any help and when i asked about my refund they ask me for so many paper work and 5 deniel letters from the banks , what i mean they ask you for things that can't be done. it is a scam . and i advise every body to place this company name on their facebook and expose them to the whole world . and please send more complaints to the consumer protection agency about this fraud , cuz i believe they already got millions and millions of dollars from innocent individuals who are desperate to find a property to own or to rent . bottom line, i am telling it as it is . it is a scam and it has to be stopped by the law.
Anyone can do a title transfer with a quitclaim deed. If this is one of the companies claiming to be able to save you from foreclosure, BEWARE!!! Putting title in another name won't stop a foreclosure. This is a money grab by people preying on others that are in trouble.

Brad Davidson
Broker - 01416432
http://www.wehelpubuy.com
gkickery@hotmail.com
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
ANYONE WHO SAID IT WORKED FOR THEM , PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE PROCESS YOU TOOK, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT ON PAPER, gkickery@hotymail.com
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
ITS NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO CLUE ON HOW TO LEGALLY TAKE OWNERSHIP OR ASSIGNMENT OF A PRE-FORCLOSEURE! I TALKED TO THEM TODAY AND THE JERK OFF SAID THAT YOU MUST PAY $199.00 BEFORE YOU CAN LOOK AT ANY HOUSES. IF SOUNDS LIKE A DUCK , QUACKS LIKE A DUCK, IT MUST BE A DUCK,,, SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE, THEN IT MUST BE!
ALL THEY WANT YOU TO DO IS PAY $199.00 THEN YOU CAN LOOK AT THEIR LIST OF PRE-FORCLOSED HOMES, BIG DEAL, YOU CAN GO ONTO ANY LAND RECORDS LIST IN ANY TOWN AND LOOK FOR LIS-PENDONS FOR FREE! OTHER SITES LIKE THIS 1 ONLY CHARGE ANYWHERE FROM $1.99 TO $4.00. OUT OF EVERY 100 PRE-FORCLOSURE HOMES YOU FIND YOU ARE LUCKY IF 1 GOES ALONG WITH YOU, I KNOW I HAVE DONE THEM BEFORE, ITS A LONG PROCESS.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
WITHOUT
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
well dave lester,, first you are wrong! every bser says the bank will not foreclose on you if you are making the payments, regardless who lives in the house. its called DUE ON SALE CLAUSE,, BETTER KNOWN AS ACCELERATION. IF YOU DO NOT OWN THE HOME AND YOU ARE NOT ON THE DEED, HOW CAN YOU OWN? WELL FIRST YOU HAVE TOO PUT THE HOUSE IN A GARN -ST. GERMAIN ACT LAND TRUST. THIS IS THE ONLY LAND TRUST YOU CAN PUT ON A HOME WITH CHANGING THE DUE ON SALE CLAUSE. ALSO THE HOME OWNER THAT IS ON THE DEED HAS TO KEEP 10% ASSIGNMENT OF THE LAND TRUST AND THE PERSON SO TO SPEAK BUYING THE HOUSE HAS TO HAVE THE OTHER 90% ASSIGNMENT. THE GARN-ST GERMAIN ACT OF 1982 ALLOWS YOU TO DO THIS BECAUSE YOU DO NOT VIOLATE "DUE ON SALE CLAUSE". WHEN YOU PUT THE HOUSE INTO A LAND TRUST YOU HAVE TO DEED IT TO MAKE IT LEGAL,, ITS NEVER BUYING,, ITS BEING ASSIGNED TO THE LAND TRUST, HOWEVER THE ORIGINAL HOME OWNER IS PART OF THIS WHOLE PROCESS UNTIL THE HOUSE IS LEGALLY PAID OFF.
Flag Sat Jan 25, 2014
it's actually a company that helps buyers own homes for the remainder of the mortgage. meanwhile, the owner's credit gets saved, as long as those monthly payments get made and the bank is satisfied because they're able to avoid a lengthy foreclosure process. it's actually a really great company and a great niche that they've found themselves in an otherwise, "left to the professionals" business.
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
Gee, I thought American Standard was a toilet... And by the number of scam notices posted here, I guess they are!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2014
Saw this ad on craigslist and called the number listed which was 1-510-256-3090. A man answered and said his name was Matt and that he was a "housing coordinator". I asked about the ad and he said it was an ad to take over someone else's lease. I asked if it went through an owner or company and he said company. I asked for the name of the company and he said American Standard. I said ok, where is the property located? Since the ad did not mention a city...He took a deep breath then hung up on me. Um.. I'd say..Total scam!!!

Ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/4478374633.html

- 1-510-256-3090
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 19, 2014
Yep I had pretty much the same experience except I pursued it a bit further, its the same guy answering the phone, (changing his name from Mike to William to Matt) being rude, hanging up when u ask viable questions or for a supervisor and claiming to be one when u call back talking fast and over you plz dont waste your $.
Flag Tue May 20, 2014
I joined American Standard Online's service in April, 2013. I was told that it takes on average 30 days to get into a home. I was able to use their property search listings that had photos and details for all of their properties. They do offer real people that you can speak with to help answer any questions one may have. Their customer support people were helpful. It is a bit confusing at first, but I was determined not to have to pay realtor commissions, and I did not have money for a down payment.
My tenacity paid off. My husband and I were finally able to assume a home mortgage without all the hassles. American Standard Online helped us. They have been in business for over 10 years, and I would recommend their service to anyone who is tired of renting. It just takes a little time.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 12, 2014
I found a home and paid the fee and I look at the home on Monday. I will let you all know how it works out, it is nicer than the one I am in and cheaper.
Flag Sat Dec 6, 2014
"I was determined not to have to pay realtor commissions"

FYI, for anyone who may still think this company is legit, or that this fraudulent review is from a real person who used this despicable company... a buyer does not pay fees to a Realtor to buy a home.
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
it's very legit. American Standard is a company that helps buyers own homes for the remainder of the mortgage. meanwhile, the owner's credit gets saved, as long as those monthly payments get made and the bank is satisfied because they're able to avoid a lengthy foreclosure process. it's actually a really great company and a great niche that they've found themselves in an otherwise, "left to the professionals" business.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
Wow, the thieves are really coming out in force to defend their easy money.

FYI, this is another fraudulent review, from someone at the company not from a real person who used this despicable company...
Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
American Standard Online, the pre-foreclosure company-
-They're legit. They do have some complaints tho. but, I didn't have any problems with them. check it out - I got a 4 bedroom house in Minneapolis with them. I was able to flip it made 30k in 4 months with only a few hours invested. That's the definition of legit, is it not?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013

Flag Wed Oct 1, 2014
SCAMMMM!!!!!! BEWARE SCAMMMMM!!!! This man is part of there SCAMMMM!!!!
Flag Wed Nov 13, 2013
This is a great way to get into a real house.The houses are awesome,what a great program and i'm so glad i did the program i got into my house 3 year's ago only 750.00 a month i'm still here loving my home and i thank americanstandardonline my credit was horrible,but their was away around that,my income was my credit,the homes are beautiful,you can't beat 199.00 where else would you be

guaranteed a home or your money back.

Teri Summers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 19, 2013
did american standard online actually get you into a home? im asking because my husband and i are thinking of doing this?
Flag Sat Oct 26, 2013
SCAM!!! ALL THE WAY

RIP OFF

DO NOT DO IT!

I did double the work looking for my new dream house and this scam people tuck my money and promise lies
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 24, 2012
I have heard bad things about this company. Read lots of stuff online about them being a scam. Look at what people are saying here. Best to avoid them at all costs.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 8, 2011
John -

I agree with both Brad and Tim. But, to add to their comments, if you are facing foreclosure, you also need to speak with a REALTOR who specializes in distressed properties as there are new government programs to make it easier to do short sales and avoid foreclosure completely.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / REALTOR
Newport Beach, CA
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
I am so glad i came to this site before i gave them my money. They are running an ad on NorfolkCraigslist ..which is in Va Hampton Roads. ..The first thing she do was try to over talk me which threw up a red flag ...so i told her first let me Google the company 1st before i give you my money. The lady hung up on me .I had to call back and ask another lady . What a close csll
I'm so glad I read all these. I stop my payment.. Thanks to all
I fell for this cheap scam five days ago,

First, I am calling Bank of America and disputing the charge. They don't tell you the clause behind the refund which is getting 5 denial letters plus 10% cancellation fee.

Second, the houses that were put on sale have accelerated into foreclosure auction or even resold.

Third, some of these home have active landlords (property record) that shows no recent filings.

Fourth, the fact that you have to pay to view the listings, and to even imagine that you have to send contact letters to homeowners who aren't selling is the most disgusting thing I've seen. I have facts and figures...

In fact, one of the houses I was interested in "2006 Ivy Crest Ct, Houston TX 77077" was not even in foreclosure. Due to the nature of my job, I decided to dig further regarding this home because the facts presented did not make sense to me. My research led me to:

Houston's Clerk Recorder recorded the "Notice of Substitute trustee" on December 16, 2014

American Standard Online entered the information into their system on Dec 19, 2014

Meanwhile, a notice of acceleration was filed onto the owner on December 8, 2014.

This is where business integrity lies: the mortgage service provider sent in the trustee notice along with other affidavits, but

a. ASO negligently dismissed the other fillings on record such as notice of acceleration. Therefore, if there was an acceleration already as of Dec 8th, this wasn't a pre-foreclosure as identified by ASO, this was CLEARLY FORECLOSURE.

b. ASO willfully entered the wrong information in their system (wrong transfer value, date as well as other information ). They claimed the transfer value is $189k, meanwhile the foreclosed auction starting bid is $450k, This is VERY dubious..

c. Notwithstanding that the owner of the property "Mr. Ali Khan" immediately sued (SEE district court docket filing: active as of January 31, 2015) and got an temporary injunction of which Judge Palmer issued an ex-parte order halting the proposed sale of the property.

I looked for their legal business name, but I could not find it. I wouldn't have a hard time finding their true legal name. When I am done, I will pull out their Dunn and Bradstreet ("D&B") profile and all their management info and paste it on the blog referenced back to CL ads.

Furthermore, I am sending my letters and evidence to bank of American CC processing / fraud center. Banks need to start declining transactions from these processors. I am sending to ALL the trustees on file alleging that ASO claimed they were hired by a lending bank to post such a false information. I will send this to Ali Khan, as well as other owners whose property isn't even in the foreclosure process. Finally, the Texas Attorney General's office , CA Secretary of State, CA Attorney General's office, and then BBB.

I am determined to expose all their fraud...
They are running an ad on norfolkcraigslist ,Va Hampton roads I'm reporting there ad right now ..
Flag Fri Feb 20, 2015
I feel like a complete moron. I usually research pretty good before spending money on anything but, my husband and I are looking for a place to live and fell in love with a house listed on craigslist as rent to own. It was the perfect 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house even though the location wasn't an area we would typically live. So we called the number and talked to a representative who made this all sound easy and simple and like a good investment.

We spent the $199 service fee and got our access to their site only to find that the house we loved so much wasn't even listed on the site. There were a few that were close as far as bedrooms and bathrooms but, not what we were looking at. Not only that but then I started looking at other houses which didn't even have all of the information you would need to figure out how much you would be paying each month.

They do not give you pictures of the houses instead they give you an "approximate" address and a google map and you have to look at the map to get an outside view of the house but not even one single picture of the inside and on the craigslist ads they only post inside the house pictures so you do not know what the outside looks like. This company is a complete scam and I know I will probably never see my money again just from the research I have done after spending the money on thie "program". Also I do not like the idea of knocking on random strangers doors and trying to convince them to sell it sounds underhanded and cruel to find people struggling with finances and then trying to buy the house out from under them.

I thought this was supposed to be foreclosed homes for rent to own but, now I know the truth I wasted $199 on this and I feel cheated and feel like the world's biggest idiot. Hope this report helps other people not fall into the same scam.
This company is a nasty nasty scammed. I need my money back and I am going to get it back even if. I have to sue the company I work too dam hard for this company to take and take.
I found American Standard online on Craigslist while looking for a rental. I called and spoke with a gentleman who told me I could buy a home through foreclosure prevention. No credit check, no down payment, perfect right???? I went online to investigate the company and 1st website popped up was a Craigslist scam report. The guy I spoke with told me all of the same things other reps. told other buyers. I am so thankful I read this first.. I will not be calling him back!
Well they say after 90 days you get ur money back lol but after these reviews I am not even interested
The reviews speak for themselves John
Yes David u are getting a home that much off if you want to bug someone losing their home into selling it. What a ass.
You have to go knock on these people door that are having financial trouble. I would slam the door in your face. Class action lawsuit count me in. Rae permann.
Scam.SCAM SCAM. These ppl are bad. I don't know how they can wake up and look in the mirror everyday. Even the ppl that answer the phone for them should be ashamed. And David u must work for these ppl to give them good reviews.
All of you people are confused. I don't even work for American Standard but I've signed up with them and understood their product.

You are basically getting a home for up to 40-60% off by paying the remainder of the loan in monthly installments about the equivalent price of renting or even less.

It really is a good program, I am amazed at how the ignorance of a few people leads to an all out shock claim festival.
Thanks alot had a feeling because a companey out of orange county got me for 200 once already. So I look up this one thinking maybe I just had a bad expierence but No buyer beware.
I wish I was not in such a rush to do this. I'm typically not this gullible! Anyone interested in Class Action Law Suit?!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 14, 2014
Why did I not look at this BEFORE I gave them my $199! I did not have this money to lose. Is anyone interested in starting a class action law suit?!
thank u for helping me and hopeful I will be able to move into one of the loving home I seen I want to thank u kindly
nothing is legit
they give a list of homes and none is right.
how can they do it i dont know
dont even think of paying the 200 dollars as you may never see it back
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 1, 2014
I called to request information about a house I saw on Craigslist and the automated greeting did not mention what company I had called. The man who answered the phone also did not state the company they worked for. I had failed to notice that the headline in the listing indicated that the house was lease to own instead of rent. When the operator realized that I wanted to rent instead of buy, he abruptly hung up on me. Thinking that the call had dropped, I called back and got the same person. He was very short with me and said, "You could do some of your due diligence." I told him that I thought he was being rude. He called me "unsensible" and said goodbye. When I called back to ask the name of the company, a different operator told me "American Standard Online," and again hung up on me. I have never in my life dealt with such insanely rude treatment from any customer service agent, and cannot fathom ever working with a company that treats potential customers that way. No surprise to learn that they are scammers and have hundreds of complaints about them online.
See reviews on Better Business Bureau website. Your American Standard is rated "F" with 309 of 311 complaints unanswered. Apparently their "service" is to sell you limited access to their website of foreclosures for $199.00. It is then up to you to deal with the homeowners, current tenants, and/or bank(s). involved. To get your promised refund you need to knock on doors and get 5 homeowners to give you "letters of denial" which apparently never happens.
Almost everything I've seen about this company says they are a scamming company. I have one friend who asked me about them and I told them within 12 seconds of researching them they better be careful because of so many negative reports about them. They said they already paid them $199 over a week ago. I hope they can get their money back. This is just one more reason people need to contact their loved, trusted Real Estate Broker friend or family member such as myself before they search for a home or attempt to sell one. We are trained, educated and experienced to make sure we don't encounter pitfalls such as these.
Oh my Gosh I wish I had researched this first. I know I just lost my 199.00. And I need all my funds as I am being evicted and need to find a home. What a wonderful world we all live in with people like that to scam the innocent.
Take a look at the BBB ratings. Its awful. I just spoke to them and I had to pull the information from his throat through the telephone. But you cant get past their desk before coughing up $199.00
Why are they still in business I dont know.
8/15/2014 11:42 AM -
American Standard does NOT perform as represented. They have a BBB "F" RATING.

I live in Fort Worth TX (76116)... their most recent listing is from 2011... today is 8/15/2014.

Customer Service is 877-395-1296. Doug is their manager. When challenged to run a list of current PRE-FORECLOSURES for my county... he chose to REFUND my money. I would assume this decision speaks for itself.

RECOMMENDATION: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:

- http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/american-standard-…

- http://www.bbb.org/santa-barbara/business-reviews/real-estat…
Wow, this is really happening! You can always contact a Realtor, they can help you with finding out these things too.

Cheryl Coleman
714-717-1728
Be careful out there because I guess they are going by just "Standard Incorporated" now. They say they are based in California and have the same $199 regestration fee to even look at their listings. PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THESE SO CALLED RENT TO OWN COMPANY'S BECAUSE I HAVEN'T FOUND ANY LEGIT ONES HERE IN FLORIDA!!
1 2