Foreclosure in Sacramento>Question Details

916handyman, Other/Just Looking in Sacramento, CA

HOW DO I GET INTO FORECLOSURE CLEAN OUTS, PROPERTY PRESERVATION, HAULING, RE KEYS, LAWN SERVICES IN MY AREA?

Asked by 916handyman, Sacramento, CA Tue May 19, 2009

I am a local Contractor / Handyman in Sacramento. I have over 12yrs. of construction experience.
I am Professional, Clean, Prompt and Reliable.

My question is, How do I get on the ' Approved Vendor Lists' of Fannie Mae, Banks, Mortgage Co's, REO Agents, and Brokers? I want to get into Property Preservation.

I want to get into Property Preservation. I can do Hauling, Clean Outs, Painting, Lawn Care, Re Keys, Flooring, Plumbing, Fences etc..As well as Digital before and after pics. Please give me some advice.

Thank You.

Answers

11
Hi Handyman, there's tons of advice on the foreclosure cleanup blog -- http://www.foreclosure-cleanup-blog.com -- and at the Trulia Foreclosure Cleanup Blog that can guide you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 23, 2011
I am a woman contractor my company name is ONE CONTRACTOR SERVICES in Charlotte, NC and I'm looking for apartment cleaning, homes, move-in, move outs, also I have lawn service, painting, carpet cleaning, plumbing, and electrical. I've been in business 12 years and now I'm ready to expand with my services and my crew.

Yvonne
0 votes Thank Flag Link Yesterday at 10:06pm
hi i was just woundering how i get in to trashing out foreclosures in utah please let me know thnks
i been going to craigs list and finding home listings and foreclosures and email them with my infromation on my business plus i give them a discount on their first month of service
i have been doing remodeling and cleanouts lawn care flooring and plumbing can also send you digital pics at any time you request have 12 years of experience of remodeling would love to have me and my guys to show you and allow to show you good work i do great work to satifaction of my customers please give us a chance my phone number is 913-749-8414 and my emial is eric.ryerson@yahoo.com would love to talk to you for the kansas city within 60-75 miles around have all the proper tools and things to work with would love to hear from you yours truly Eric Ryerson with Git-R-Done Remodeling
I have a high aptitude for all skill trades and would like to get into the buisness of doing cleanouts in the minneapolis st. paul area. My name is jamie hawthorne and my email address is jamiehawthorne74@yahoo.com
My name is Bill of Bills Moving Services. I am interested in finding more information on foreclosure cleanouts/property preservation. We are a local Chicago moving company and are professional, experienced with property removal, hauling/debris removal, dumping/donating good items, demolition/cleaning services, painting/drywall. Our #is 847-507-3099 and e-mail is williamrock47@yahoo.com. To view web ads and find reviews just google billsmovingservices in Chicago
Start with a half page flyer as a Menu of Services contact the local Real Estate Brokers in your local area to start.
yes go to http://www.forclosures.com and enter your information for your services, Also you can go to the internet and pull up all of the current banks that our working those and call them and ask then how to ge ton the list as well.Alos beaware of the 3rd party vendors. Good luck
Hello 916handyman,

I have a friend who recently openned the same business. My friend realized that the City he lived in had created certain standard codes for homeowners and their property. My friend created a management company and then began appearing at the City Council meetings inquiring as to why the City officials were not enforcing various homeowner code violations. My friend then informed the officials of his company and their service and proposed taking care of the REO properties for the city and in turn the city could go after the banks to repay the money spent to keep up the properties. My friend signed a contract with the City Officials for 2,000 homes at $100.00 dollars a month for each property. He will generate $200,000.00 dollars for his companies first year in business. There are many opportunities out there, it just takes people like yourself thinking outside the box and not being afraid of taking a chance. Good luck!

Matt

Though I am on the other side of the country, answers are the same. Talk to any Realtor. They will know who lists REO properties. Then go meet that Realtor and soon you will have lots of work.

Apart from REOs, I am constantly looking for good handymen because all my sellers need to have repairs done, and all my buyers want to change or improve their new homes.