Foreclosure in Dartmouth>Question Details

Katie, Home Buyer in Dartmouth, MA

HI I AM BUYING A FORECLOSED PROPERTY IN MASSACHUSETTS AND I AM DEALING DIRECTLY WITH THE MORGAGE CO. DOES MASS HAVE A REDEMPTION PERIOD?

Asked by Katie, Dartmouth, MA Fri Oct 2, 2009

REDEMPTION PERIOD FOR THE PREVIOUS OWNERS TO RECLAIM PROPERY? HOW LONG CAN I WAIT TO GET MY TITLE 5 IS IT 2 YEARS FROM TIME OF TRANSFER OF TITLE? THANK YOU

Answers

3
The answer to this question is NO, Massachusetts does not have a redemption period. If it is foreclosed then the homeowners rights are forfeited anyway. You can easily google these answers up, but I invest in Massachusetts and now this answer.
Massachusetts is a non-judicial state. The answer is yes and no. Contact an attorney first and get a title search done. There seems to be some problems with title insurance availability on some foreclosed homes. Seems that many foreclosure sales were not properly foreclosed, in that mortgages and mortgage assignments were not properly recorded at the registry. Please look before you leap. Hire a good attorney.
To answer you question on title 5, it depends on what your bank will allow. Read the Massachusetts court case by going to the attached link
The foreclosure question should really be asked of your attorney as it's a legal issue.

Regarding the Title 5: http://www.mass.gov/dep/water/wastewater/faqsesi.htm
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009