Foreclosure in 32578>Question Details

Justin Linds…, Real Estate Pro in Destin, FL

HAs anyone used a Securitization Audit in a Short Sale Packet

Asked by Justin Lindsey, Destin, FL Tue Mar 19, 2013

It shows how much investors have made on the property, I think it could help with the valuation. Thoughts?

Answers

2
A securitization audit is a term wildly used in today's market. I have seen it used in different cases. I am not sure how you are using the term. I have never seen it used describing how much investors made on a property. The majority of uses are scams designed to generate income for agencies providing worthless information. They have not been used successfully in court to prevent a foreclosure. Short sales result from a home being valued less than the outstanding note. Real estate is an investment. It rises and falls with market conditions. Prices or values of properties were driven up in the 2005 time frame by a variety of reasons, most of which do not make sense now. People who bought during that period are hurting right now. There are options available to them but they do need professional advice about those options.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 25, 2013
Good question! I also would like to know if a short sale agent or attorney has been successful in using a securitization audit to form legal case showing the lender is not the "real party of interest' in a pending foreclosure filing. Seems like the lender would be more motivated to negotiate a fair price to avoid duking it out in court.