Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

jeliz4, Home Owner in Elgin, IL

Got a Notice of Hud Relief Pursuant to Hud ML 2000-10 Courtesy of Rentention Services. Need to know if this is a Scam Please help?

Asked by jeliz4, Elgin, IL Wed Aug 22, 2012

Answers

15
Not sure. There is a lot of crazy stuff going on out there. Before I believe anything, I would have my attorney look at it.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Aug 22, 2012
Was also told to send t months worth of my mortg. and to take my house off the market
Flag Wed Aug 22, 2012
I've just been had if thats the case!!! I also received a paper and then an application to fax back to them. With of course, MONEY... Now that I have been trying to call them because I received a paper for my home going up for sale, the phone is always busy, and the girl, supposedley the girl that was taking my case ( Janet Solis; the name she gave me) does not answer either. All I get is her answering machine.
Is there a way to retreive the money or really find out if they are fraud? Would a lawyer be able to help me or is this money lost and no such thing as saving my money? HELP
susan of greenfeild mass
i am in the same boat i think it a scam to people that call then self hud relief sent me two papers in the mail but two deffernt numders one was 1-888-773-9240 or 1-221-9212 gave alot of money wish there was a way toget it back
Yes, this is a scam. My son also got one of these in mail and acted on it. Man said his name is Eric Benson and that he was a case manager for Hud, Hamp Services and was very convincing about helping my son. He has not returned paperwork or money he wanted ahead of time. Do not believe anything he has to say.
who is eric benson do he work as a case manger for hud relief for hud
i need a answer
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013
Unbelievable, but true...

BANKS WILL ALLOW SCAMMERS TO OPEN ACCOUNTS UNDER BUSINESS NAMES LIKE...

RETENTION SERVICES
RETENTION DIVISION
Jeliz4, there are so many scammers out there. I have never heard of HUD contacting anyone directly. Best to check with your original lender see if there are any financial incentives we might not know about.

Endre Barath,Jr.
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hills, CA

homes@endrebarath.com
310.486.1002(m)
Web Reference: http://www.endrebarath.com
it ABSOLUTELY is. I hope you did not send them any money. They are involved in FRAUD... see the City of Irvine, California, Better Business Bureau and do a search for their name. You will find them involved in an action with the Ohio State Attorney General!

They have defrauded me for $4,000 and I am trying to figure out how to go about suing them for my money
I Just opened an official looking envelope bearing the Bold Heading "Notice of HUD Relief "

It invites me to call (888) 896-7580

I called 800-225-5342 HUD-FHA

The notices are not official notices

800-225-5342 gets you to "Making Homes Affordable - hope resource" help line

The devious ads czn do no more than you can do for your self
I must agree with Ricardo, Hud does not contact homeowners and offer retention services. Unless there's a new program out there I'm not aware of.

Lenders will help without a fee, if in question call your lender. DO NOT pay anything or provide information unless you have confirmed it's not a scam.

Are they asking for money or your personal information?

If so, DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION. If in doubt call. Even after the call I would still be hesitant only because there are soooo many scam artists out there.

I agree with the comment below, trust your instinct.

If you are a Senior and have a reverse mortgage Hud maybe contacting you regarding the equity in your house. House values have dropped significantly. This could affect reverse mortgages. There is a very rational reason why HUD would contact you. You need to call Hud and find out what the concern is from HUD direct. If you need an agent to assist you a lawyer is probably the best agent not a real estate agent.
First sign of a scam is that you are not sure if its a scam. When your gut tells you something, listen to it. Call HUD find out if its legitimate. Good luck!!!
Call the Atlanta HUD office. Especially if you are a Senior and inquire.
BE CAREFUL! If they ask you for a "Good Faith" Payment, run and don't look back. If you are looking to refinance your home, talk to a qualified LEGITIMATE lender and they will have access to most lending programs. Should you need any assistance feel free to contact me.