Foreclosure in Evergreen>Question Details

Homebuyer01, Home Buyer in Evergreen, San Jose,...

Free websites to get address of active forclosure homes?

Asked by Homebuyer01, Evergreen, San Jose, CA Tue Aug 11, 2009

I would like to know if there is any way I could get the addresses to the forclosure homes at its initial stage. Please help if you know.

Answers

3
Good morning Homebuyer01,

I just want to clarify what you will be recieving if you were to get NOD and NOTs and what the process is for a foreclosure.

I am assuming you are either looking to get a good deal on your own home, not an investor. NOD's and NOT's are public notices of the foreclosure process and this happens when homeowners default on their loan payment. There are a few choices for the homeowner to delay, or bypass the foreclosure in which these notices would only reference the default and there would be no chance at purchasing this home. These public notices are what you see on Trulia and what other sites sell. I do have access to these notices and if you find you really think they would help in your search then you are welcome to contact me.

On the other hand, 99% of the time the house is put on the market as a short sale AKA "pre-foreclosure". OR The bank does end up foreclosing on the house and there is no equity, therefore it represents a bad deal to any investors wanting to buy the property at the courthouse steps and the bank takes posession. It will soon hit the market as an REO, or Bank Owned property.

If you would like, I can send you a list of all the Bank Owned property and Short Sale listings in the Evergreen area by visiting http://www.jamessellsthebay.com/bargainhunter.asp and filling out the simple form.

Also, if you are very curious how investors can sometime buy properties before the foreclosure process you can call me.

"I turn your first-time home dreams into reality!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James Peterson..........................................................Phn: 408.836.9653
Keller Williams SV .......................................................Fax: 408.540.1781
2110 S. Bascom Ave............................james@jamessellsthebay.com
Campbell, CA 95008........................http://www.jamessellsthebay.com
I have tried a few free web sites for free active foreclosure, they are all bad. My best advice would be to try the free 30 day trials most good foreclosure web sites have. If you do not like them simply cancel them. I my self use foreclosure radar.com. I did work at the auctions and have some experience if you may have any questions.
From my experience, websites offering information on foreclosures or pre-foreclosures almost always provide you with outdated information, and usually for a fee. A Realtor can always give you accurate and updated information on foreclosed homes that are actively listed on the MLS. Your best bet in my opinion to search for homes in pre-foreclosure is to search the county's website (recorded documents) and search the keywords for such items as assignment (of a trustee), notice, or other relevant legal document titles which are filed during the pre-foreclosure process.