Foreclosure in 67042>Question Details

Countrylivin', Home Buyer in El Dorado, KS

Foreclosed listings in Kansas

Asked by Countrylivin', El Dorado, KS Sun Sep 25, 2011

I have been following a piece of property that was to sell at court house in May, then in June, then in July, then in Aug, then in Sept, then it was taken of the auction list. The property looks more and more run down by the day. How can I find out what is going on with it and if it will ever be for sale? To make matters worse, it is still on all the "foreclosed" listings on line with the auction date of Aug. 18th, 2011 (which is long gone).

Answers

3
It seems that a lot of the times either the property owner can not be located when they have abandoned a property or the foreclosing institution has a hard time getting clear title. Either of these reasons or a plethora of others can hold up the actual sale of a property. I would much rather the institution get clear title prior to the sale than wait. I have seen contracts being agreed to and then the buyer would have to wait months to actually close while the bank is trying to get clear title.
I would be glad to do some research for you and find out what the hold up is, I work right here in El Dorado.
Linda Baines
316-377-0093
Hi Linda! Thanks for the help at the courthouse, I really appreciated it. It is back on the auction block at courthouse - maybe better luck this time around?!
Flag Sun Apr 22, 2012
If you would be so kind as to give us the address we would be glad and try and find the answer for you. Joe & Marietta Brown (316) 371-9581
Any local agent/realty office can help you, consider a call; you can also find area agents under the find a pro tab.