Foreclosure in 49505>Question Details

Ken Hyde, Renter in Grand Rapids, MI

Don't know what to do..?

Asked by Ken Hyde, Grand Rapids, MI Thu May 10, 2012

I lost my job a while back and as a result we'll be losing our house. We're back on our feet now and don't know where to start. My wife and I have a 3.5 year old son and another on the way.

What can we do to find a decent place to leave that isn't in horrible shape and ran by a horrible management company?

Please if you have any advice we need to find a new place and be out of our current foreclosed home by August 8th. :-(javascript:{}

Help the community by answering this question:


My mortgage man may be able to help you, but I will not know until I can give him your name and phone number. Please email your name and phone number to, or call me at 616 308 2631.


0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
Sorry to hear about losing your house. From your details, I am going to assume the sheriff's sale has already occurred. If it has not, you have a different set of options. For this discussion, it has occurred and you are coming up to the end of your redemption period Aug.8. The simple answer is use a REALTOR(r). We have knowledge of homes that are for sale where the owners are willing to rent them out. The DIY answer is use Craig's List, neighborhood association websites, bulletin boards in grocery stores in areas you would like to live, talk to people about needing a house to rent, and look in the classifieds in newspapers. Then it is just lots of time and energy to find your new place to 'leave'. Your Freudian slip made me laugh. Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 10, 2012
There are places to rent in the area, you just need to know where to look. Aside from rental websites, may Realtors know of places for rent in the area. If you would like to contact me, I can check into what might be available that fits what you're looking for.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 10, 2012
If you will contact a Realtor and list your house as a Shortsale, you can forestall the Bank from foreclosing:
Draft a ltter to the bank detailing your Hardship; do it in your handwriting.
Contact the Loss-Mitigation Department and talk to them.
Keep a log of everyone you talked to and what was said; you might be called on to remember.

If the Bank accepts your Shortsale, and they are doing more of this lately, they will suspend the Foreclosure for quite a while.

Have your Realtor do a CMA to determine the house's value and put the LIST PRICE about 10$ lower; unless the Bank tells you what to do.

Save everything you can to get you back on your feet.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer