Foreclosure in Glendale>Question Details

Timothy Newm…, Home Buyer in Glendale, AZ

Does the broker have to use his notary in front of both seller and buyer contracts when its owner finance?

Asked by Timothy Newman Sr., Glendale, AZ Tue May 11, 2010

We recenty bought a home from a broker add on criegs list and are victims of preditory lending,and we have never met or seen the real owner at any time and have no solid proof of his ownership of the home. The broker was the notary and signed the notary on a diffrent day than when it actualy accured and was done without us present on both me and co owner my wife without us present or the seller present. So can we cancell this contract and sew the broker. Also three months later we still have no paper work from the assors office,becouse the broker said they were not correct so we refused to sign new ones and the broker amazingly was able to fix the old ones and resubmit them without our permission. Thank you Timothy Newman

Answers

8
You need legal advise on this one. This is way outside the scope of what a realtor can help you with. I would contact an attorney asap and get this figured out.
Why are you waiting, consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate immediately--most professionals do offer a free consultation--or if you absolutely cannot afford one, contact your local Legal Aid Society and check for attorneys that do pro-bono work--free.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Question >>> how do you spell A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y??? Sounds like you're already in WAY over your head, so do not pass Go. Call a lawyer right now, before it gets worse.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
One word - Attorney! Not sure what your situation actually is but you definitely need legal advice. Good Luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 11, 2010
Get a hold of a Real Estate attorney and make a call to the AZ department of Real Estate. I know some realtors that are notaries, but it is a huge conflict of interest. This agent is going to be in huge doo doo if he was unethical, which it sounds like.
Web Reference: http://www.SearchAZmls.com
Timothy
You need to contact as everyone else says an attorney and you need to do it right away, while you think it is predatory lending it sounds like a gigantic scam all the way around. I am attaching a site of an attorney that may be able to help you out if she cannot then she can refer you to someone that can! Do not wait any more days on this one! And as one other person on here said contact the department of real estate immediately, I don't have the number for them but the office is at Thomas and 44th St.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, next time hire an agent to represent you in your end of the buying process and avoid all the nonsense buy out of the mls. Then you should be safe.
Good Luck
Kent Gagon
West USA Realty
62-980-5368
http://www.allarizonarealestate.com
Timothy
Good Luck
Kent Gagon
West USA Realty
62-980-5368
http://www.allarizonarealestate.com
Most definitely contact a real estate attorney, but also contact the department of real estate and notify them of this person you are dealing with. The AZDRE can bring actions against this broker.

Please don't hesitate any longer, take action against this broker immediately!

Web Reference: http://www.jameswehner.com