Gary, Home Buyer in 22134

Does anyone know anything positive or negative about Marina Grande Condo, Riviera Beach, FL? I am

Asked by Gary, 22134 Mon Aug 24, 2009

considering to purchase a condo in Marina Grande, Riviera Beach, FL. It is the only building along the intracostal waterway that is nice and close to SInger Island - Northern Palm Beach County. It does not look as though the future waterfront development of Riviera Beach, FL / Intracoastal Waterway is going to be developed any time soon. THese units seem to be selling between 1/3 and 1/2 of their original selling price two years ago. Is this a safe and wise location to purchase in? The schools for that area are average to way below average. It affords a great location if you drive East towards Singer Island. However, the surrounding area is rough and really not desirable. The condo fees are high, about $1000.00 a month on a 2 to 3 bedroom unit and taxes about another $9000.00 a year.

Is this area going to be developed in the future to where this might be a good area to buy in?

Answers

9
Rodney Forbes’ answer
Gary,

I'm a local real estate broker who has had a lot of contact with the Marina Grande development for the last couple of years. There have been some problems that seem to be resolved now with the developer.

There is too much information to list in an email format. Discussion is better to answer your many questions. You can call me directly at 561-283-6497 or email Rodney@ForbesRealtyOnline.com

Rodney Forbes
Realtor/Broker
Forbes Realty of South Florida Inc
We just moved in to Marina Grande and we love it. You could not find a better view any where. Of course you have to deal with the not so pleasant issues that come with living in a condo, but that unfortunately seems to be the same in every condo. The people on the whole are very nice and they plan several events throughout the year that have been fun.
It feels as if we are in heaven every time we walk through the door. The association dues may sound high at first glance, but you get a great deal of amenities for the fee, more than I have heard of anywhere. So far we love it here. The only downside so far is meeting a person who appears to be psychologically unstable and we will have to see her at every event and when we enjoy the beautiful pool, but I wouldn't give this up for anything.
Marina Grande is now great, new management, Directors, it's a bargain! HOA fees are great inc all water, inc hot. basic Cabe tv, internet and phone.
Great place.
I lived there for 2 years! RUN!!!!
I just sold a developer condo at Marina Grande. The amenities are fantastic and the HOA is not $1000.00. It varies with the size and price of the units. The new Publix store is being built across the building. The immediate area is not the best but because of its location it will just take some time and I believe the building has great potential and amazing views!
I am a former resident and I would advise you to RUN not walk to another property. We had sinks falling out of the counter tops, other residents waste pumping up into our unit and dorr handles falling off were just some of the PLEASANT problems!
We just sold a great unit with views of Peanut Island and water everywhere for under $190,000. The seller paid $570,000 for it in 2007. At these prices, it is a good choice. The buyer will be renting it until the property appreciates and will actually have a positive cashflow. It was an easy decision for the buyer.

Lisa Treu
561-352-3056
treugroup.com
Web Reference: http://www.treugroup.com
Since they built Marina Grande I have been turned off by the colors they painted in. {Although I am told that there are many new luxury buildings in the South of France painted with a similar color scheme.}

BUT- a few months ago I went IN WITH SOME CLIENTS and....the I have to say...views are spectacular, the amenities are very nice, and the unit finishes are lovely. And having one of the nicent wide sand beaches in South Florida ioone minute away is a huge plus.

Some 'deep pocket developers are plannign mega-yacht marinas and great improvements for that area. And a new Publix Green Market will be built across the street from Marina Grande.

PLUS- you can get very appealing pricing on developer units. In addition I know of some resales at Marina Grande which are real steals.

If I can assist you please let me know.

Marsha Montoya Mayer- Realtor
Paradise Properties of Florida, Inc.
Email: marsha@mypalmbeachrealty.com
Direct Cell: 561-329-0428
Website: http://www.mypalmbeachrealty.com
Hi Gary,
I think there are plenty of other properties on Singer Island that are a better investment than Marina Grande. Most of the properties on Singer Island have been drastically reduced due to lack of demand. I can email you some other potential properties that I think would be great investments on Singer Island. Please feel free to call or email me for more information.

Kris Persaud
Keyes Real Estate, Mortgage & Title
Mobile: (561) 310-8471
Email: krispersaud@keyes.com