Foreclosure in Orlando>Question Details

N. Chapman, Home Owner in Orlando, FL

Do you need a real estate license to mediate (or help them cut a rental deal) betwen a homeowner facing foreclosure and their mortgage lender?

Asked by N. Chapman, Orlando, FL Mon Oct 10, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Dear Chapman, if you are expecting to collect a Fee, the answer is YES, you must be license.
If the homeonwer is facing foreclosure what is it that you are trying to do?
The homeonwer has many options. If he is residing at the premise and can't afford his payment due to hardship he can do a short sale. It all depend on his situation. He might also qualify for the HAFA Program where the lender give the owner 3,000 to relocate.

Why don't you email me or call me to discuss.


Ada Sanchez, CDPE
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Pacific Atlantic Realty Service Inc.
407-342-2664 - Email:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
foreclosure is not a do-it-yourself or let-a-friend-help situation. the banks are ruthless and unless you know what you are doing, you should help your friend by suggesting they hire a Realtor or an attorney.
You may not collect a fee until AFTER the negoatiations are complete. Be careful you are not considered practicing law.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 8, 2011
are you the homeowner facing foreclosure ? or the ' mediator' with no license or experience ?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
No, however, you will more than likely need to be authorized in writing by the home owner to proceed with negotiations on behalf of the home owner. As long as there is not a fee involved and you understand how the loss mitigators conduct business within the industry then give it a shot. Keep in mind you may have only one shot to state your case and bring forward resolution that will benefit both the home owner and the bank. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
No, but will the bank take you seriously as you have no experence (at least you didn't say) and to my knowledge they don't negotiate rental agreements with homeowners.

But if the homeowner gives you 3rd party you can try just watch out for the liability factor you are placing yourself in.

Why don't they get an attorney or real estate agent?

Dave Lowe, Real Estate Broker
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
No. But, are you sure you are helping the home owner and not getting them into serious trouble. There are a number of options available to the homeowner depending on their circumstances and then the guidelines that will keep them out of trouble. Realtors should know that homeowners need to work out the process according to the lender. Call me please. There is more that I would like to know and can at least get you headed in the right direction.
Thank you,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
You will need an attorney who deals with real estate issues.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer