Foreclosure in Los Angeles>Question Details

Dog Lover, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

Do you know where I can get a "free" list of foreclosure homes for the Los Angeles, CA area that are going up for auction?

Asked by Dog Lover, Los Angeles, CA Wed Sep 1, 2010

Answers

10
Yes, go to http://www.HUDHomestore.com. You will see a map of the United States. Click on your state and then enter the specific area you looking in.
Work with an agent and it will save you a lot of stress and headaches.
The best thing to do is get yourself a realtor. A realtor can provide you with the information.

Most online resources have out dated information, I would advise you not to waist your time with them.

Best of luck to you!

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Should you wish a list, visit or call any real estate office, Im sure someone will be happy to assist you, or you may call me.
I won't reiterate the free resources mentioned below, but do you really want to spend all day driving all over town going to the courthouse/the county recorders office, emailing back and forth with a dozen different agents with different lists?

Too much time!!! For me at least. I just use one of the paid sites. They aggregate everything and it's a good starting point, will save you hours of time. Then when you have what you want dialed in and you have some hot leads, you can move forward, but I would only go the free route if you literally can't afford the monthly service fee and have tons of time on your hands.
I agree with Eric.
Flag Tue Mar 27, 2012
Just be aware that you cant get title insurance on auction properties which means even you spend very little money and something comes up and you might lose the property without any sort of protection.
The county recorders office. It's free, but you have to pay to get to the location (bus or drive) unless its walking distance for you or you hitch a ride with a friend.
Thank you for your question about a free list of foreclosure properties in Los Angeles. The Court & County Recorder have free lists of properties to be auctioned. A good local agent can help you as well. I suggest buying an REO rather than purchasing a home at an auction because of the risk involved in purchasing a home without a full inspection. Banks have REO's listed on their websites and agents can send you lists very easily.
Most investors subscribe to Foreclosure Radar. The site is great and up to date. It will notify you when a home is scheduled and if it gets postponed.
It’s a must have if you’re going to start to buy at the steps.

Good Luck

Daniel Del Real, CRS
I use that site as well. Great info but many times properties are gone.
Flag Tue Mar 27, 2012
Dog Lover:

The only way that I am aware of to get free listings is to go to the local court house and research the listings. Since this is a pain in you know what most services charge for this information. All the best.