Foreclosure in Sacramento>Question Details

Delicias Wil…, Home Buyer in Sacramento, CA

Confused Renter

Asked by Delicias Williams, Sacramento, CA Sun Aug 18, 2013

I just moved into a house, that's in foreclosure. I didn't know until after I moved in. am I still responsible, to pay rent?

Answers

4
You have tenant rights and HUD will provide you with legal assistance. I would definitely check with HUD (http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/states/california/r…) and talk to them about the situation. They will be able to provide legal assistance and discuss your unique circumstances.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 18, 2013
I'm not a home buyer.. I'm renting a home in foreclosure..
Flag Sun Aug 18, 2013
I'm in Sacramento, California. everyone I know of that was in the same situation.. didn't have to pay rent.. hence my confusion..
Flag Sun Aug 18, 2013
As long as you are living there then rent is due. You do have rights as a tenant even after is forecloses. The bank can either take it back or someone else like an investor can pick it up at the courthouse sale.
As long as you ive in the home, you are responsible to pay rent.
Yes. Until the property actually changes ownership you still have to pay rent to the current home owner. If and when the property changes ownership you will have to pay rent to the new owner, even if that owner is the bank.