Foreclosure in Chicago>Question Details

efish472, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

Condo purchase at judicial sales auction--6 months back assessments

Asked by efish472, Chicago, IL Wed Jun 18, 2014

I recently purchased a condo at a judicial sales auction in Chicago. Based on the condo act, I know I'm responsible to pay 6 months back assessments and legal fees to the association. However, the statute says the condo association must have initiated legal action to collect the debt against the previous owner. My question is..what is the legal action to collect the debt? Is a lien against the property sufficient? The association has yet to provide any documentation showing they initiated action. Also, is it the most recent 6 months assessments or the 6 months prior to initiating legal action...the condo has been vacant for 5 years to there is a difference between the most recent 6 month period and the one from 5 years ago.

Answers

2
Call a attorney up. They can help.

I would refer Joe Talarico
708-687-8200
joe@talaricolaw.com
I can refer a few good attorneys if you like.

George Xamplas
gxamplas@xamplaslaw.com

Al Dynia
adynia@dyniallc.com

Daniel Borek
dborek@boreklawpc.com

Any of these attorneys should be able to answer your questions regarding this matter