Foreclosure in 85044>Question Details

Mike, Home Owner in Phoenix, AZ

Concerned about potential rental property....NO Records?

Asked by Mike, Phoenix, AZ Thu Jan 3, 2013

Long story short, it looks like we might be leaving our home of 26 years......another BofA nightmare story!
We are going to look at this home this coming weekend and have had a couple of friends do some checking for us to see if the property has any problems like foreclosure, tax liens, payments u to date .....etc.
It seems there are no records for this property at all, no taxes, no utilities, no lender info....nothing.
Could someone tell us what this might mean? OR, could someone please check to see if they can come up with any information?
The address is: 3403 E. Helena Dr. Phoenix, AZ. 85032

Thank you so much for any help. We don't want to fall into another persons problems as we have had our fill of them with wonderful BofA.

All the best
Mike

Answers

15
NEED THE IMMEDIATE SERVICES OF GREY HAT OT BLACK HAT HACKER ?well you found the right contact. in such times when loved ones cant be trusted and co workers just want you out,where information is power for everysingle thing ,from a divorce ,to a promotion in your workplace ,or your young teenage childs online activities,do contact us at bradhaccer AT aol DOT com as me and my team are here to serve you ,help in your hacking problems,from EMAIL HACK(YAHOO,AOL,GMAIL,GMX,REDDIT AND OTHERS),FACEBOOK,TWITTER,INSTAGRAM,SKYPE ACCOUNTS,MYSPACE,PERSONAL DOMAIN EMAILS,WEBSITE HACK,DEFACING,DDOS ATTACKS,PENETRATION TESTING,SECURITY AUDITING,ONLINE BULLY?we are here to help you with such jobs which would make your life go easier,do contact us ,bradhaccer AT aol DOT com
NEED THE IMMEDIATE SERVICES OF GREY HAT OT BLACK HAT HACKER ?well you found the right contact. in such times when loved ones cant be trusted and co workers just want you out,where information is power for everysingle thing ,from a divorce ,to a promotion in your workplace ,or your young teenage childs online activities,do contact us at bradhaccer@aol.com as me and my team are here to serve you ,help in your hacking problems,from EMAIL HACK(YAHOO,AOL,GMAIL,GMX,REDDIT AND OTHERS),FACEBOOK,TWITTER,INSTAGRAM,SKYPE ACCOUNTS,MYSPACE,PERSONAL DOMAIN EMAILS,WEBSITE HACK,DEFACING,DDOS ATTACKS,PENETRATION TESTING,SECURITY AUDITING,ONLINE BULLY?we are here to help you with such jobs which would make your life go easier,do contact us ,bradhaccer@aol.com
Mike

Have you explored all of the options on your current home? Would you like to stay longer?

Would you like help with the rental?
we wouldn't mind staying in the existing home as we have been here for 26 years. The problem is BofA and they haven't a clue as to what they are doing.

Also, I went by the rental property today and my wife had the address wrong. The address of the rental is 3406 E. helena Dr. phx az 85032
it would be nice to speak with someone who knows how to deal with this bank....unfortunately, we have totally run out of patience and that is putting it mildly.
Flag Fri Jan 4, 2013
In case this may help, here is the phone number that was on the for rent sign. 480-205-4911

Maybe someone can find out who owns the phone. The person I spoke with was Todd .....he says he is the owner.

Thanks again for all your help and the advice, it's greatly appreciated.
Mike

Do you have the name of the landlord/owner? This property does not have any MLS history nor does it show up in Tax Record searches?

Be cautious!! Others have outlined the fraud below that is taking place.

Are you truly at the end of the road on the one you are in? Would you like to stay longer?
All I know is the individual that is renting the house is Todd.
End of the road? I honestly don't know. I can say we are so fed up with the antics of BofA that we are going to just dump the house. The stress and grief they have caused us has taken its toll. I won’t go into any detail about the 2 years of He$$ they put us through is criminal at best, but would be willing to talk about any option you may think of so we could stay.
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
Mike, you mentioned speaking to a 'landlord'. Was this the actual owner? A property manager? Where did you find the advertisement for this rental property? Craigslist? A sign in the yard?

You MUST demand something from the 'owner' verifying that he/she is actually the owner of the property. Without being able to look up the property on the county website to get a name (which would enable you to cross-reference and verify the person you met as the owner), I would be VERY apprehensive. (If the property is being rented by a property management company, they should be able to give you some of this info.)

Please NOTE: I'm not saying you're being 'scammed', but the fact that the property isn't on the county website is very puzzling.

The basic rental scam that has happened here in the Valley goes something like this:

The scammers break into a vacant home that is either in foreclosure or has been foreclosed by the bank and NOT been relisted yet. They change the locks, run an ad on Craigslist or other site, and start taking calls from potential renters. The renters show up, pay a deposit and first months rent (without doing some homework), and they lose a TON of money when they eventually find out they've been scammed (sometimes weeks or months later) by someone who didn't even own the home.

Here are some VERY helpful articles I found after a quick Google search of 'Phoenix AZ rental scams':

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/06/09/20110609ph…

http://www.phoenixrealestateguy.com/anatomy-of-a-rental-scam/

http://www.azfamily.com/news/consumer/Classic-rental-scam-st…

Please don't sign anything or give someone a deposit with verifying some VERY basic info:
>who is the owner? Is the person you spoke to the actual owner? Check his/her ID; they could just be giving you a name.
>is the home in foreclosure? (this sometimes cannot be verified easily, but you'll need to be very direct once you speak to the actual owner. Ask him/her if they're current on their mortgage payments. This is YOUR family's well-being we're talking about here; you owe it to yourself and your family to ask this question. The last thing you want to do is rent a home and then find out it's going to foreclosure in 60-90 days.)

I hope this helps!

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
480.231.6769
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
Jim,
We found the home on craigslist, here is a link to the ad http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/apa/3444576942.html

We also went by the home to look it over, gates were locked so we just looked over the fence. The home had a for rent sign in the front yard(metal step stake with 18 x 24 metal sign. I emailed the ad over the holidays and heard back in a few days. They said they were out of town. I asked how long the home was vacant and he told me a couple of months.....that started my concern and the fact there are no records.
One thing I find strange is the grass is green, all plants in good shape, but you can't even find the water company or electric.....this place is like Area 51....LOL

Maybe I should speak with a realtor to rent something. Hopefully we will find something out. I am going to cover my bases, no doubt!
The person renting it has a first name of Todd, he never told me his last name.

Thanks for your tips and the links, I appreciate it!
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
Thanks for all the replies and well wishes!

Yes, this is the correct address.We have been by the house to look over the area and outside before arranging a viewing the inside. If you use google maps and enter the address, it will show the home we looked at. This is also the address that is on the front of the house.

I have no idea of what to do now to try and find this information. I had planned on asking the landlord for a mortgage notification from his bank, but think this might sit bad with some landlords depending on how it's presented....not looking forward to this ;)

I would rather know something than nothing because I won't know if they are being truthful or not and at this stage of the game, we don't need to get ripped off.....not something I would handle well ;).

Please let me know what else we might be able to try?
Hello Mike. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with BofA. I know it won't make you feel much better, but you're in a very large pool of homeowner's both here in AZ and nationwide who have lost the battle when dealing with BofA.

Adam (below) is correct. According to Maricopa County Tax Records, '3403 E Helena DR' does not exist. I could only find 3401 and 3405. It's possible that you've been given the incorrect address OR that this is some sort of rental scam. PLEASE be careful as many scam artists are still working the Phoenix area.

There is no reason that a property in Phoenix/Maricopa County would NOT have a record in the County tax database or that there would not be any utility records available.

I'd also like to ask you about your specific situation with BofA.

Have you tried a loan modification with them and it's failed, and that's why you are looking to move?

You might not be aware, but the Fed just extended the Mortgage Debt Relief Act another year (it now ends on 12/31/13), so if you meet the criteria and complete a successful short-sale of your home you won't be taxed on the deficient balance.

There are some wonderful programs still available for homeowners that sell their home via a short-sale, and believe it or not Bank of America has some excellent 'incentive' programs that you might qualify for in which they actually pay YOU, the seller, at closing.

I recently completed a short-sale through BofA in which my client (the seller) received $3000 at closing from their participation in the HAFA program.

Feel free to call me for a no-nonsense/no-obligation consultation. It's not too late, even if you've received a pending trustee sale notice from Bank of America, but time is of the essence.

Jim Mitchell
Realty ONE Group
Cell: 480.231.6769
Jim@TheAZRealtor.com
Mike,

Will you be listing your current home for sale as a short sale? I have negotiated dozens of short sales with BofA and I understand your frustration, pain and I’m sorry that you may be leaving your home after so many years. I would be happy to sit down with you and go over your option of a short sale and how I work with BofA, and complete successful transactions with them. It really is not as bad as it seems (if you have the right agent working it for you). Feel free to call me or email any time.
I would also be willing to help you with finding the right rental property. It’s nice to have one contact to rely on.

Sincerely, Dave
Have you seen the house? I don't think this is the correct address. If you could drive by the house and verify the address we can certainly help you out but this is not the correct address for the house. There is no such home in Phoenix. Please be careful of scams through Craigslist and other internet rental sites. I would strongly suggest you utilize a Realtor to help you find a rental home. They can look into the tax records for you. You can also ask the landlord for a copy of his most recent mortgage statement to verify if he is current on the mortgage.
Dear Mike:

Your Realtor can help you with this or you can go to the assessor's website at: http://mcassessor.maricopa.gov/assessor// . Select the propery on the map in case you wrote the address down incorrectly.

Jeff Masich, Realtor
HomeSmart Realty
Scottsdale
Are you sure this is the correct address?
Hi Mike,

I checked the tax records, MLS and also USPS.com and it appears that maybe the address does not exist.

Here's the full address, using standard abbreviations and formatting...
The address you provided is not recognized by the US Postal Service as an address we serve. Mail sent to this address may be returned.
3403 E HELENA DR
PHOENIX AZ 85032

Be very cautious as there are many scams. You are doing the right thing by investigating and questioning the validity of the property.

Good luck Mike to you and your family.

Michelle Hamilton
Realtor at Property Management Real Estate Services
623-680-7021
Michelle I tried to reply, but cant seem to find the right tab in order to do that, so I entered my reply in the answer tab and that made it appear under my original entry. I know how to quote each person, but cant seem to find a tab to post a general response.
Flag Thu Jan 3, 2013
According to tax records, there is no property with the address. Occasionally, the address posted on the property does not match tax records, so you should find out who the owner is and it can be checked that way. 3401 and 3405 exist.