Foreclosure in San Ramon>Question Details

Wondering, Other/Just Looking in 34235

Can you negotiaite with new home buliders in the Venice Florida area... we're paying cash?

Asked by Wondering, 34235 Sat Aug 28, 2010

Answers

5
Scott Miller - REALTOR®’s answer
Hi W. ABSOLUTELY! Everything is negotiable and cash is KING, too. Two things: If they don't want to negotiate with you on price, find another developer/builder. Make sure that no matter what, you have a real estate attorney representing you in the transaction. It should run you $500-1000 and it's worth every penny.

GOOD LUCK!!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 28, 2010
Yes everything IS negotiable but rest assured that the buildersa are going to do everything in their power to protect their margins. Builders have to move homes in order to make money and I guarentee that the few homes they are actually building are underpriced to the market to prevent discounting and drive multiple offers. Not to metnion I know of 4 couples alone who are thinking exactly the same thing that you are. Sell hare and pay cash for new construction in Florida. All deals close cash but dont let that stop you from trying.
Web Reference: http://bob2sell.com
Hello Wondering,

Pretty much, everything in real estate negotiable. If you like, I can send you comps of homes sold in that area to give you a starting point to base your offer on. Also, make sure you are working with a Buyer's Agent when putting in an offer, it doesnt cost you anything to have someone representing you.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of further assistance :)

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
As an agent in the venice area with first hand experience in dealing with local builders, we can definitely say that builder prices can be negotiated.

Of course it helps to know the builder's recent history relative to pricing and incentives. Our recommendation is to first establish your homes characteristics and then begin collecting information from the various builders. They don't like the thought of losing a customer to another builder and it helps to be able to quote other builder's specifics and prices.

We would be happy to share other negotiation strategies.

Michael Saunders & Company
billeckler@michaelsaunders.com
941-408-5363
Weather you are paying cash or with a loan, yes you can negotiate.