Foreclosure in Omaha>Question Details

Ms P, Home Owner in Omaha, AR

Can the bank force a tenant out on a foreclosed home before the 90 days?

Asked by Ms P, Omaha, AR Sat Jun 4, 2011

I own a home that was foreclosed on. I currently have a tenant and her children living there. She was served a Notice to Quit which said she had 90 days to vacate the property. That was confirmed by the bank's attoney but now the same attorney sent the Sheriff yesterday to serve her notice that she has until June 7. Her 90 days would be up at the end of June 2011. Can he do that? I also have a copy of the Notice where he gave her 90 days. Who can I contact regarding this situation?

Answers

3
The tenants would have to make the contact because it is their rights that are being foreclosed on.
Your rights of defense regarding that propert are now ended due to the foreclosure.
Regarding the tenants rights, they may be subordinate to the lender's rights. And it also depends if the purchaser
of the property is intending to use the property as a residence or an investment. If an investor purchased the property, the tenants may want to contact that person and work on a new lease agreement.
These are indeed tough times in real estate that we are experience due to lending and legal proceedings.
Dean Uhing
Prudential Ambassador Real Estate
402-709-0727
Hi Ms P

Regret to hear about your situation and that of your renters.

Your renters should get in touch with the City Rental Dept or The City
attorney at Farnham St., Omaha

Perry
The tenants do have rights, some of which were extended in recent years to cover this specific situation, so it's not a cut and dry answer. They really need to talk to an attorney. Email me directly if you can't find an attorney, I have some people who my clients have used in the past.