Foreclosure in 34639>Question Details

Raul, Home Seller in Florida Avenue, Dade...

Can some one that has been foreclosed buy the same home back.?

Asked by Raul, Florida Avenue, Dade City, FL Thu May 20, 2010

I bought a home in pasco Fl,at the county court house.The house was foreclosed and CT has been issue.When I went to visit the home the previous owner are still living in it.I spoke to them and they don't want to leave. They mention about wanting to buy the house back.Can they? What are my options?I do want to flip the house.

NY State laws grant a period of redemption after a tax sale during which a defaulted owner or lienholder may redeem the property by paying the amount paid at the tax sale plus interest and charges. This is known as the statutory right of redemption. During the statutory redemption period the property owner and other parties who have an interest in the property, including a mortgagee, may redeem the property by paying the back taxes together with penalties and interest.
Web Reference:
In your situation, it's best to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate and see exactly what options you may have--too many legal issues involved.
That is one of the pitfalls to buying at the court house. If the previous owners were foreclosed upon, then it is very unlikely they will be have the capability to purchase the house again. If you want them out and they do not leave, then you, new owner may have to go through the eviction process. You may want to offer them some cash to move just to keep the home from possibly being trashed on the way out.