Foreclosure in Riverside>Question Details

Hasmukh Patel, Both Buyer and Seller in Corona, CA

Can i save my house after it went to auction?

Asked by Hasmukh Patel, Corona, CA Tue Aug 31, 2010

My lender is provident funding and they sold my house on Aug 20th which for that i never got any notice and i still haven't received any notice from bank or anyone else. I really want to save my house no matter what. I call my bank to find out and they are really rudely speaking and keep transferring to different department back and forth also when i asked them i never got any notice so i was told by that they don't have to send me notice all the time. The house still under my name. I mean like com'n this is not the way they should treat is there a any action or option for me to save my house, please i need a help

Help the community by answering this question:



According to public records your lender filed a Notice of Default in Aug of 2009 and then a Notice of Sale in December that was later canceled. They again filed a Notice of Sale in April with a May 5th sale date, they can postpone this date out each month at their desecration but unfortunately they do not have to send a new notice for each of the following sale dates. I have a lot of people that are in loan modification and then when they get declined they foreclose on the house the next week, because the homeowners were not aware of the current sale date. It looks like on 8/20 it went to auction and reverted back to the bank.

As the others have said you can contact an attorney to make sure the lender followed all of the applicable laws in the handling of your property. If you would like me to email you copies of the public records pertaining to the foreclosure please feel free to contact me, I would be more than happy to send them to you.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 31, 2010
best would be probably to cal a foreclosure attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 18, 2015
Hi Hasmukh,

I'm in the similar situation now. I had the same bad experience with my bank when i tried to work them for settlement. And now my house was sold in foreclosure auction.
Do you have any good advice? Were you able to save your house?
Many thanks!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 18, 2015
A bank can rescind a trustee's sale, but they won't do so without extreme circumstances. You need to talk to an attorney today.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 1, 2010
Going once going twice going three times gone to the highest bidder.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 1, 2010
God goes not like ugly!!!!
Flag Wed Nov 11, 2015
Thanks. You are quite helpful. As a broker you could not see it any other way. Makes me wonder why you are even here.
Flag Thu Sep 11, 2014
ahh hole
Flag Mon Apr 29, 2013
Here is a link to HUD that may be of help…

I would contact a local attorney as well.

Best of luck,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 1, 2010

Sounds like you are upset about the sale. Heck, I would be too. A lot of agents giving you good advice to try to save your home due to lender error. You can try this, or worse case just move on. Obviously, you weren't able to make your payments, and you probably dont have any equity in the house anyways.

Here's what might happen next. You will get a knock on a door from a Realtor, trying to work a cash for keys program to you. Ask the maximum, I think its around $5000. Tell them you want that to move and you will keep the house in good condition. Take that $5,000, and look for a rental.

Fix up your credit, work hard and save money. Oh and did I mention, your stress level with be gone since you aren't forced to make a huge mortgage payment on a home you have no equity in?

Thats my 2 cents, take it how you want. But on this and all my comments, I tell the truth on how I really feel and not some sales pitch to try to earn business.

Good Luck

0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 31, 2010
great advice, but is cost just as much to rent today!!!
Flag Wed Nov 11, 2015
It sounds like it is time for you to seek legal advice. Before you go to the attorney google your county recorders office to see if you can access public records on line. In California, the trustee sale is the almost common method of foreclosure. Your lender, by law, had to file a notice of default and a notice of trustee sale with the county you live in. You should have had a notice stapled to your door as well. Doing a little research before you go to an attorney will save you money. There have been times when homeowners have been able to get the sale rescinded due to lender error. However, it is very important to act quickly. Good Luck
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 31, 2010
Yes you can you can get your house back through a n FHA councelor, they are going to check all the documentation and get your house back through the reverse program that protect the homeowners.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 31, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer