Foreclosure in Northridge>Question Details

Casjor, Other/Just Looking in Northridge, CA

Can a citizen of another country qualify to buy a house in the USA?

Asked by Casjor, Northridge, CA Fri Dec 11, 2009

If can , what is the best and fastest way to do so? ( Cash, etc. ) Thank you

Help the community by answering this question:



That may not be necessarily true. Rates are not higher for immigrants, whether they are permanent resident aliens or have allowable visa's.

Of course, if you have cash, that always works. If you're hoping to get a loan, there are several options. Different Visa's can be used to obtain conventional or government loans. Same with a permanent resident alien.

You can also actually obtain a permanent visa by buying real estate, believe it or not. It's called an EB-5 Visa. There's different ways to leverage this, but an EB-5 visa is a visa given to a foreign national because they invested in US real estate. There are different provisions for an EB-5 Visa, but the typical guidelines (different if applied through a Regional Center) require an investment of $1,000.000 in US real estate and the property must produce jobs in the US. There's also specific regions that only qualify. The visa is a permanent one though, so you can begin working on getting your permanent green card after you obtain it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Cashier.. There are very little lenders, if at all, that will finance a Foreign National.. However if you have Non-Permanent Resident Alien then yes you can obtain certain types of financing. Easier if owner occupied. Contact me if you have additional questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Yes, A citizen of another country can buy real estate in the US. However your financing would be structured differntly and your interest rate would be signioficantly higher
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 11, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer