Foreclosure in 11561>Question Details

R U Adope, Home Owner in 11561

Can a HOA get a lein without sending me a certified letter ? There was an email with no details from HOA- does the the court need to notify me

Asked by R U Adope, 11561 Thu Oct 20, 2011

I received a 10 day pay or a lein wil be sought by email. No certified notification and no account details proving so were sent. The funds I am in arrears for are exactly the amount of a special assessment paid off 2 years ago but still being charged and used for another purpose.

Additionally, the board authorized a secial assesment for legal fees 2 years ago to pay legal fees from an old lawsuit which was paid in full 2 years ago. The assesmet is still being collected and supoosedly being used to pay operational bills and bolster reserve fund . The membership did no vote on the fund being used for other purposes.

My requests to review board minutes and accountings have been put on an agenda for future consideration.

My bylaws states it is a right to review these records- therefore no permission is required, just a mutually convenient time.

Is the lien legal if I was not notified that I can contest it ?

Can I file for a refund for the assessment which were paid off 2 years ago

Answers

1
You should discuss this first with the president of the HOA to see if there actually is a problem. If there is and you can't resolve it on your own then you need to consult with a real estate attorney. Realtors are prohibited from giving legal advice.