Foreclosure in Sugarloaf>Question Details

Ann, Other/Just Looking in Horicon, WI

Can I rent back my house after foreclosure in Wisconsin?

Asked by Ann, Horicon, WI Mon Apr 27, 2009

Is there anyone out there that can tell me if I can rent back my house since it went to Sheriff's sale? I live in Wisconsin.

Help the community by answering this question:


It does not usually happen. But it al depends on the the investor and the insurer. FHA loans use to allow owners to rent if they met certain requirements if certain paper work was filed out. If it is not a FHA loan, other investor FNMA/FHLMC earlier this year allowed mortgagors to rent the houses. However, I have not heard about this recently since the government got involved with the tarp money.

I would call your bank and see what they say. However, I would also start looking for another place to live. If your place went to foreclosure, the notice of eviction should have already been served, so time is not on your side. Most likely you will have to move.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 28, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer