Foreclosure in 90650>Question Details

Inneedofhelp, Home Owner in Norwalk, CA

Can I get CalVet to give me back my home if I am still in it and I pay all the back fee? I can not get a straight answer from lawyer, Calvet....

Asked by Inneedofhelp, Norwalk, CA Thu Oct 27, 2011

They have already filed a Notice of Cancellation. If anyone at ll knows how this works please let me know. I have found NO one that seems to know anything... Please anyone out there that might know....

Help the community by answering this question:


First of all, it sounds like you mean notice of default, or perhaps you mean notice of sale. Yes, if you can give them all their money they have to stop the sale. But you have to do it before it is sold. When you say do they have to give it back, it sounds like it is already sold.
You can also stop it with a chapter 13.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
From what I know, (Realtor, Viet Nam Vet, Googler)
The VA requires Lenders to accept the Delinquency if you can do it.

My suggestion is to go in to the local VA office; I repeat, GO IN, do not try to do it over the phone.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
Contact their District Office at 916-653-2573. They're the only ones you should trust for a straight answer vs. most lawyers or Realtors who may not be experts in the Cal Vet rules arena.
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors
Short Sale Expert
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
No, it is not a Notice of Default it is a "Notice of Cancellation" and that was all that was on file. I actually found out about it only after a relator came to my home and showed it to me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 27, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer