Foreclosure in Tampa>Question Details

soniadiccico, Home Owner in Vista, CA

CAN WE ADD THE HOA FEES TO THE HUD-1?

Asked by soniadiccico, Vista, CA Fri Feb 22, 2013

I received a summon on 2-18-13 from HOA for not paying my hoa dues. I dont want to loose or sell my house only have 20 days to respond I contact a lawyer yesterday she ask me a couple of question was going to call me back today but never did. I am running out of time husband and I leaving on one income just got the loan modification from my bank but we are unable to pay all of the back fees for hoa. $7800. if we paid $300 for back hoa plus $200 for the montly hoa how are we going to pay the mortgage ? so can we add the back hoa fees to the hud-1??? please advised Thank you

Answers

3
Lynn Brock’s answer
soniadiccico, if you do not pay the mortgage, property taxes or hoa fees any or all three can initiate foreclosure proceedings. Delinquent property taxes jump in front of the mortgage, so most lenders pay them and add this amount to money due to the lender. The HOA or condo association can file for a foreclosure as well. Seems more often than not the HOA or condo associations are not willing to accept less than the total amount of deliquent fees due. Many approved short sales are stopped due to the lack of flexibility by the respective HOA or condo associations.

Check with your attorney again. You might be able to file bankruptcy. Time is not on your side. Best to make some serious decisions quickly.

Lynn Brock
941.313.1234
http://www.brockrealty-inc.com

If you would like to search the MLS like an agent, visit our website and sign up for your free Listing Book account. This powerful search program allows you to set up your personal homefinder criteria and save your favorite homes, follow recent solds all in real time! Find the home you’re searching for quickly.
If your HOA is foreclosing you need to find a solution quickly. Go to the next Board of Director's (BOD) Monthly meeting and bring your checkbook and plead with the BOD to work out a repayment plan and stop the HOA attorneys from foreclosing on your home.

Unfortunately you now you will probably have to pay $2k or more in legal fees, too.

Sorry you're in this situation. Here's a very helpful website about HOAs and Condos:

http://www.ccfj.net

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 22, 2013
HOA fees are accounted for on the Settlement statement. If your sale is prior to your hearing you should be fine, if you sale is after your hearing, you will need to ask the judge for an extension.

Find another attorney, you will need representation.